Friday, 11 June 2010

I don't do men's stuff...

...in the main this is true...men's cards just don't fit in with my style of crafting...you know I like how much I like my glitter and bling lol.

But sometimes you just gotta, so this is my first men's collection!

men1

This stamp set from Rubbadubbadoo is really old now, but I do like it, it's perfect for men's creations.

I stamped the image in Versamark and brushed it with pigment powder in "Aztec Gold". I then applied a pastel fixative to prevent it from rubbing off. If you click on the picture you can really see the beautiful lustre of this powder on the image.

men 2

The knights are perfect for stamping round the edge of a box...

men 3

You can see the image on the main card a bit better from this angle.

You'll never know how hard it was for me to tear this SU Sahara Sand cardstock lol!


men 4

I dedicate this card to my late dad for Father's Day, who really was my inspiration, and I miss him terribly even though I lost him 10 years ago now.

Well, that will probably be the last men's creations you see on my blog for a while...I will be back to the girlie stuff in no time!

I've got loads of catching up to do, sorry yet again that I have not got round to leave comments on your lovely blogs for a while. I have now got a bit of time off work so I will be visiting you again soon!

22 comments:

gina g said...

You don't do men's stuff, well these are brilliant Sarita. luv gina xx

Lynne said...

Tut! I`m so jealous, you even do stunning men cards lol. it`s just not fair!!!
Lynne xxx

Paula Gale said...

Wow - so stunning and opulent for a man... not sure about a knight, this is fit for a king... just gorgeous...

Paula x x x

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Very cool stamps!The gold and the black looks great togheter. Very beautiful set!

Mandi said...

I wish I didn't do mens stuff a quarter as good as you presh lol

FAB collection
xx

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwwww Sarita,So BEAUTIFUL, So BEAUTIFUL.
I love your images and your papers.
So Chique.

Schitterend zo chique,zo elegant en stijlvol.
Ben altijd weg van jou creaties.
Jou stijl is zo mooi,ik hou daar zo van.
Schitterend.

Hugs Riet.xx

patriziawithaz said...

Your work is stunning x

Kerry said...

Totally stunning Sarita. I love the simplicity of the gold image with ribbon. Just gorgeous!! Love Kerry xx

Linby said...

These are fab Sarita. The box I really love, it is so professional looking.
Linbyx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

OMGoodness Sarita - you have worked your magic with Black again! How fabulous it looks with the gold mica powder images. Absolutely stunning!
Love, Sylvia xxx

Carol Q said...

woo hoo - doesn't that just look rich and opulent. beautiful box. lucky man who receives these!

Grenouille Greetings said...

These are STUNNING, Sarita. The box - here's one you made earlier -is fantastic and I have no doubt that your father would have been delighted with the card and oh so proud of his clever girl. My father was my inspiration also and is sorely missed. Warmest wishes, Lesley. ps - I know just what you mean about the paper tearing but you tore it so well!!!

Sian said...

Stunning creations as always! Thanks for the tip with the fixative over the powder.

Dolly said...

Just stunning Sarita. I'm sure your Dad would be so proud of you.
It doesn't get any easier losing a parent does it. :)xx

Lily said...

Wow, Sarita, this is totally gorgeous! Top class!!!

Hugs,
Lily

Love crafts forever said...

How beautiful. Thank you so much for the tip on your amazing stamping. It's just WOW!!!!!
Hugs, Nataliya.

Rufus said...

Good grief, Sarita, you even manage to make guy stuff elegant!
R/

Fiona said...

My goodness Sarita, I'm running out of superlatives to describe your creations. Can I say, "it's bloody brilliant" ?
Lovely words about your Dad.

Fiona x

Vicki said...

Oh these are fabulous Sarita, so elegant, if I can say that about a man's card....lol You use your rubber stamps in a way I have not seen before and I just adore it!

Have a lovely weekend,
hugs

Vicki x

Eileen said...

Well I would love to see your cards if you did do men's stuff. These are gorgeous. Stunning. Elegant. Well done. Eileen x

Juls said...

Fabulous, such an amazing guy card..Love the torn edge..especially the way you have made it gold!! fabulous!! Hugs Juls

Chris said...

I wish my men's cards were as stunning as yours! I've now given up even trying. lol