Saturday, 12 June 2010

Curvy is the new straight...

I do get bored sometimes of just creating straight edge cards, so when I saw these lovely curvy shapes from Craftwork Cards I just had to give them a go.


C1 single new

Quite a tricky shape to work with but I love the result. It was a good opportunity for me to use these beautiful long stamps from Impression Obsession. I have rarely found a use for them which is such a shame as I think they are lovely. I just stamped one of the designs in Versamark across the middle of my card and heat embossed with red embossing powder.

c2 single new

Fab oportunity as well to use a Tim Holtz ornate plate, goes soo well with the gun metal grey cardstock and the shape of this card I think.

c3 single new

Yep, I'm loving this shape card and will no doubt be experimenting more with it in the future. Actually there's me saying in my last post that I would be returning to the girlie stuff but I think this card is quite universal.

Right, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my weekend-hope you enjoy yours!

21 comments:

Lynne said...

You`ve done it again Sarita! Very classy.
Lynne xxx

Fiona said...

Such elegance and class. Lovely colours too.

Fiona x

Kerry said...

Great card Sarita and I love the shape. I have the Tim Holtz frames too, but just haven't brought myself to use them!!! Love Kerry xx

Jules said...

Hi Sarita

Love the curvy new straight!! LOL!!

Great colour choices and the ornate plate is just brilliant. It sits there perfectly.

Enjoy your weekend.

Love Jules xx

Penni said...

Wow this is stunning. Love the Tim Holtz Ornate Plate.

Hugs
Penni
X

Andrea said...

Simply stunning! I love the shape.
Love, Andrea xx

Carol Q said...

very classy card Sarita. wonderful colour choice too. you can even make dull colours look fabulous! LOL

Biscuitlid said...

fab and very classy. I love IO stamps, always create something decent when i use them!
Love
Victoria
x

Riet said...

Ohhhh Sarita,So BEAUTIFUL,i love your details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Superbly elegant! Warmest wishes, Lesley

chrissie's crafts said...

Stunning Sarita.You are such a truly talented lady
Chrissie xx

Kim Piggott said...

Totally awesome Sarita!
Stunning work!
hugs
kim x

José said...

Again a very beautiful card, so simple but elegant and classy, love t very much.
Hugs José

Juls said...

very stylish! Love the splash of red! Hugs Juls

Georgia said...

Wow Sarita, this is so beautiful! I love the idea of a curvy card and I love the gorgeous striking colour scheme too, it all look fabulous! Have a great weekend! :) Love, Georgia xx

Steph said...

Gorgeous as ever, Sarita. I've missed looking at your beautiful creations. Love the unusual shape and the colours you've used x

Chris said...

Very, very elegant Sarita, I love the shape and was eyeing some of these CC bits and pieces in the Glitter Pot the other day :D! It's lovely to see what you've done with the shape and the embossed border looks wonderful. Hope you had a good weekend, love Chris xx

patriziawithaz said...

Wow ! what a fabulous card Sarita. It is outstanding and so classy. I have said it before - your cards are very special.Maria x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Simply stunning. In fact all your artwork is stunning. Tracy Evans x

Chris said...

Mmmm I have some of the curvy cards in cerise. Very difficult to know what to do with them so thank you for your inspiration.

Paula Gale said...

beautiful. I love grey and never tire of seeing it - this just proves the versatility of the colour as well as your shaped card.

Paula x x x