Thursday, 6 May 2010

White Hearts and Pink Rosettes...

As I mentioned in my previous post I have been off on leave this week...so what happens...I fall ill! Some nasty virus was waiting for me to relax, boy it really hit me hard, and I have spent 3 days in bed this week feeling pretty horrible.

Thankfully I am feeling a bit better today and managed to find some energy to make these little creations.

The rosettes were made following a fab tutorial over at Scrapbook Girl. I think these are one of my fave handmade flowers. I have double layered mine for a bit more depth.

Now I do have, some might say, an unhealthy obsession trying to find more unusual colour tissue paper...I go to great lengths when I'm out and about shopping to seek it out. I have stacks of tissue paper in all sorts of lovely colours, and I even keep the packaging so I know where to go to get more! The best I've found is in Paperchase and Clinton Cards. This gorgeous cerise tissue paper is from Clintons.

For the background to my creations I have used SU cardstock in Close to Cocoa , and stamped my heart from the Fanciful Flourishes set from Flourishes LLC in white ink. The sentiment is also from the same set.

I cut away the front of the card again as shown in my last post and stamped the scroll from SU's Frames with a Flourish in black Stazon on to acetate.


Next is my favourite creation of this little set...a flap card, from the very talented Maria over at Stampin Inspirations...you can find the template and tutorial here.


To close the flaps I used my Papermania magnet clasps...I can't tell you how fab these are! These are soo useful. I think you can put them between layers of card so they don't show...I forgot this when I made this creation, but I don't think they look unsightly anyway.

What took me surprise though was how strong the magnets are...I went to stick my flower down on the top flap, but the metal brad in the centre of my flower adhered itself to the magnet all on it's own!! Honestly I highly recommend them, I think they're brilliant.

Now hang on what, or who, is that on the inside of the card??...

...It's little Charlotte Kimmie!

Couldn't resist using her, she is just so cute!

Finally, I just had to include another acetate creation with this set, with a stamp I bought a while ago, and then thought how am I going to use it?

The stamp is by Stampington called "Apron". I think it is just beautiful. This card looks so much better in the flesh...but you know me and photographing acetate!

The photos definitely do not do it justice.

Well, I hope you like these li'l creations...I thoroughly enjoyed making them.

Before I go I just wanted to say thank you so much for your lovely comments on my last card...I was quite overwhelmed with the response...you were all so kind, it was very humbling...and to think I very nearly didn't post it on my blog!

Phew, I'm off to lie down after this long post! As soon as I've had a bit of R&R I will be coming to see what you've been up to!

22 comments:

Vicki said...

OMG Sarita, how stunning are these, loving the colour combo too and I'm lost for words with the "Apron" stamp - absolutely beautiful :)

Thanks for sharing your stunning work!

Hugs
Vicki x

Fiona said...

What a stunning collection Sarita. Funny you should mention the tissue paper colour because I've been wondering where you get it. Usually you can only get bog-standard primary colours, will have to look in Clintons.

Hope you feel better soon.

Fiona x

Lynne said...

All these creations are beautiful, as ever. So sorry to hear that you have been ill. Get better soon!!!
Lynne xxx

Smita said...

Awww... I hope you are feeling better now,Sarita. Take care...

Your cards are gorgeous. Love your tissue paper flower... And a fab fold that is. Those magnets look yummm too... the next time I think of ordering stuff from the US, I'll ask you for tips ;-)

Hugs,
Smita

Juls said...

so so FAbulous!!!! Loving those hot pink flowers!!!!.....I love those papermania magnets too...they are fab, so many possiblities!! thanks for sharing your gorgeous inspirational work! Hugs Juls

Julie said...

fab as always Sarita, love the card with the gorgeous tissue paper flower.

Monia said...

Wow, wonderful cards! The rosettes are gorgeous! I hope You will be healthy soon:)

Kaz said...

What a gorgeous selection of cards. Those stamps are lovely. Hope you feel better soon xxx

Pam said...

These are fab Sarita. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs Pam x

Michelle said...

Oh Sarita...such beautiful beautiful work, I've fallen in love with the apron stamp, isnt it just gorgeous and wow you've created some wonderful things lately. The flower on my card was made on a flower loom - have found one here for you http://www.purplelindacrafts.co.uk/prym-flower-loom-knitting-daisy-390-p.asp

Hope that helps
x Michelle

Sue C said...

Gorgeous Sarita, I love your background stamping and the handmade flowers look brill ! Sue C x

Carol Q said...

wonderful creations as always. I keep looking at that apron stamp and thinking I need to add it to my collection(!). the cerise colour of the flowers is just stunning against the backgrounds. love the flap card. always nice to have a different shape to play with. aw - fancy being ill on your week off! hope you get well soon.

angelwhispers said...

I can beleive you have made these when you are poorly!!! They are all so stunning love the tissue flowers and the apron stamp is beautiful I would love itbut then I wouldn't know what to do with it!!! Take care and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week off!!

Love Chanelle xx

Sue said...

Hi Sarita
aww sorry that nasty bug was waiting for you, lot of them about at the mo,totally gorgeous creation, that flower is stunning, luv the stamp, hope you feeling better soon hun, sue,x

Kerry said...

Hi Sarita, I am so sorry you have been poorly when you are on leave - typical! I love all your creations. I have started to hunt for nice tissue paper since I found your blog, I love tissue paper flowers - I even have my Mum hunting it for me!!! Hope you keep getting better to enjoy what is left of your holiday. Love Kerry xx

Rufus said...

Oh that is just not fair! Finally get some holiday time and then you get sick?? Then again if this is what you manage while you're sick?? It's all gorgeous, but then your work always is! Hope that you feel better soon.
R/

sandra said...

WOW, they are beautiful, and I have just seen two post's that I have missed, your flower tutorial WOW, and your lovely butterfly card with the accetate, WOW again. You talent amazes me. Love Sandra x

cyga said...

lovely art works, I wish you a speedy recovery

Georgia said...

Ooooh, these are sooo gorgeous Sarita, wow! I love the beautiful roses and fabulous colours you've used, so striking and eye-catching! Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better now - have a great weekend! :) Love, Georgia xx

gina g said...

Hi Sarita these are stunning hunny. luv gina xx

sandra said...

Oh,what awesome stamp!
I love those cards!
Great folds!
Everything you make look so amazing!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Grenouille Greetings said...

I’ve spotted three lovely Kimmie cards in this evenings viewing – everyone a dream!
And I do so love your acetate cards. How do you attach the acetate to the card stock? They make such a statement – brilliant stamping and lovely blossom - and I particularly love the flourish dress on the hanger; a great stamp beautifully utilised! Warmest wishes, Lesley