Thursday, 20 May 2010

My latest design...

...based on one of my favourite flowers...the echinacea.

I have been lucky enough to get the afternoon off work today, and have had much more time to sketch and spend more time thinking about how to use my designs.

Several of you have made an important point when it comes to creating rubber stamps or digi images...to demonstrate how the designs could potentially be used in crafting. I know I have often overlooked a stamp as it hasn't made any impact on me when I've seen it in it's packaging, only to see it used so beautifully in a creation, resulting in me changing my mind and buying the stamp! With any new design I bring out I would always make at least one creation with it to show how it can be used in crafting.

As I've had more time today, I spent quite a long time painting the petals using Pearl-Ex pigment powders mixed with water. I have loads of these beautiful powders and don't use them nearly enough. I used SU's Sahara Sand cardstock, a really lovely neutral colour card.

The only thing was I had just spent nearly 2 hours sketching and making the card, had very nearly finished (including decoupaging the petals which took a while), when I slipped and splodged my design (you can just make it out under the bottom right petal). You really don't want to know what I said... it's one thing stamping an image and spoiling a card, but when you've actually handrawn the image it's a whole other matter!

I am really really enjoying creating all of these designs...I love having the complete freedom to do draw what I want, and then seeing how it will translate into card making.
I am working hard in the background to get the designs ready for production, please bear with me!

24 comments:

Jane said...

These are gorgeous!! I am loving all your designs!!

Carol Q said...

Stunning Sarita. I love the clever way you've angled the petals from the surface too.

Lynne said...

Beautiful Sarita. What more can I say ? :)
Lynne xxx

Linby said...

stunning card Sarita. I am glad to discover you are human after all! although I can't see any splodge when I look at your cards I always feel like that woman who lives next door to Mrs Bucket! and if I made them there would be splodges all over.
Hugs
Linbyx

Fiona said...

Exceptional Echinacea's and you need a microscope to see that splodge! Great dimension created with the petals and I love the use of Pearl-Ex.

Fiona x

Vicki said...

Oh Sarita hurry up and get these stamps made, I'm running out of "Wow" words....lol

It's just beautiful, stunning and I love it, you are sooooo clever and your designs are amazing, they are just so different.

Hugs
Vicki x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow, wow, wow Sarita, simply stunning! beautifully drawn and beautifully demonstrated on how to use it! You are doing a marvelous job with your designing, you are a very clever girl indeed! can't wait for the next design now hunny. Cant wait for the next design, hugs Linda x

Sue said...

Hi Sarita
this is just beautiful hun, stunning card, your art work is fantastic, sue,x

Wenche WTE said...

The card are very elegant. The flowers are wonderful.
Wenche

angelwhispers said...

Another gorgeous design Sarita!! Love how you have decoupaged the petals looks really beautiful!! Love Chanelle xx

Sian said...

Gorgeous card, love the way you've displayed the petals and the pearl-ex is really effective.

Rufus said...

Love the dimensionality of this one! If you hadn't pointed out the "slodge" no one wouldn't have ever found it. I'm taking your word for it that it's there! Glad that you got the afternoon off so you could play!
R/

Paula Gale said...

OMG - this is a stunner - and really brought to life with those paints you've used - by putting your designs and making a card the way you make them - they are sure to fly off the shelf!!!

Paula x x x

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

These are AMAZING! I have never tried Pearl-ex, but seeing this I might have to go buy some.

Your flowerstamps will ROCK the stampingworld - I am sure of it!

Mvh
Gunn

Julie Allain said...

Another stunning design Sarita !!

Riet said...

Ohhh So beautiful card Sarita,i love your flowers and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Michelle said...

I can't wait for these stamps Sarita - must work harder!!!!!
this is beautiful
x Michelle

sandra said...

Gorgeous, Love all your designs, but this is a favorite. Love Sandra x

Julie said...

I really like the simple elegance of this card

Clare said...

Oh my goodness Sarita, you sure are one very talented lady!!! you are what crafting is all about. I am now following and look forward to coming back to see your beautiful work. Hugs Clare xxx

Smita said...

I love this!! and the metallic colors too.... super card! :-)

Hugs,
Smita

mckinkle said...

Well as you say, you learn something new every day well, Id never seen an Echinacea before but it is sure a beautiful plant! Well, your ones are thats for sure!

Stunning!

Keryn x

Ujjwal said...

I just stumbled here from Inspirational blog and what can I say...I am glad I did !!

Your designs are so beautiful and are truly and inspiration. No wonder you were asked not once but twice to be featured :)

Hugs

Eileen said...

Stunning card Sarita. Truly truly stunning. Eileen xx