Sunday, 2 May 2010

The most beautiful things...

Another hectic week has passed, but I am officially on holiday for the next week and need of some serious R&R....

In readiness for my break I bought this lovely butterfly stamp as part of a set from Flourishes LLC called Fanciful Flourishes.

I stamped the butterfly design twice in white Stazon on to acetate and layered it up, on top of the solid butterfly stamp that comes with the set.

I used Memento ink in Canteloupe...it is very unusual for me to use any shade of yellow in my crafting, but I do like this particular shade.

The sentiment is by Clarity stamps.

Well, it is going to be soo lovely today, not having to do the usual weekend rush of chores ready for work. The weather today is pants...it's raining heavily and will be all day according to the forecast...but do you know what...I don't care...I will be able to spend some quality me time indoors, in my lovely cosy craft room!

Hope you have a great Bank Holiday, whatever the weather is doing where you are ;)

28 comments:

Tara said...

This really is stunning Sarita and you are so clever with acetate..... those butterflies look truly amazing!
Have a great week off and I hope you have lots of crafty time!
Hugs Tara xx

Cazzy said...

Totally stunning card Sarita. Enjoy the bank holiday, going off out to lunch at my Mum's later.

Cazzy x

Fiona said...

Another beautiful acetate card Sarita. Love the butterfly stamp set and the 'custard powder' colour you have used. Such a delicate look.
Have fun in your craft room.

Fiona x

Lynne said...

Absolutely beautiful Sarita. I adore Flourishes stamps and you have certainly done this one justice.
Lynne xxx

Marja Sch said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Your butterflys ate marvelous. Hugs Marja

Julie said...

Beautiful and elegant Sarita.

mckinkle said...

Beautifully elegant card Sarita! So fresh, its delightful!

Hope you have a mega week off!

Keryn x

Juls said...

so beautiful and elegant!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Smita said...

And another wow!! This is a stunner for sure.

Love,
Smita

Carol Q said...

What a delightful card Sarita. The acetate layered on the solid butterfly is wonderful.

Kerry said...

Gorgeous card Sarita! The acetate cards that you make are so beautiful and are so original.
Have a great bank holiday weekend.
Love, Kerry xx

Sue C said...

Really gorgeous Sarita, the butterfly stamp is just delicious ! Sue C x

Dolly said...

Another beautiful creation Sarita, you never fail to inspire. Enjoy your break. :)xx

Love crafts forever said...

Butterfly is my favorite. Absolutely beautiful. Hugs. Nataliya.

Wenche WTE said...

What a beautiful card. I love the colors and the butterflys.
Wenche

Monia said...

Absolutely beautiful card! love the colours and Your butterflies are amazing:)

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
This is utter perfection!
Beautiful card!
hugs
kim x

Sue said...

Hi Sarita
wow awesome card hun, beautiful flutterby, enjoy your weeks holiday hun, sue,x

Kellylouj said...

Sarita this is fabulous I just adore it xx

Vicki said...

Wow stunning card, that butterfly set is beautiful and I'm not a lover of yellow but you're right this one is a lovely shade.

Have a lovely weekend Sarita

hugs
Vicki x

joey said...

Totally Beautiful work as always, those butterflies are gorgeous. Joey.x

Елена_П said...

Very soft and stylish creation! Unusual card!
Еlena_P

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Sarita,what a beautiful card,i love your colors and details.

ZO MOOI...
Hugs Riet.xx

José said...

Wow Sarita, again such a gorgeous card of your hand! Love all about it.
Hugs José

Sandra said...

Oh Sarita! This card is beauty personified. I adore it. So delicate.
Enjoy your time off.... and make the best of the R&R.
Hugs
Sandra x

Beth said...

Wow this is so beautiful! I love the swirly gems and the butterflies are so pretty! I really admire how you play with inks and different surfaces, I'm always scared of getting messy!

Love Beth xx

Jackie said...

Absolutely gorgeous :o)
Jackie xx

Eve said...

Oh Sarita..
It's so delicate.. Love it !
Kisses ;)