Friday, 14 May 2010

Living The Dream...

Just recently I've given myself a little pep talk...you know the one...where you tell yourself you're not getting any younger, and if you don't start fulfilling your dreams now, it ain't ever gonna happen...
Well, ever since I starting crafting I have wanted to design my own rubber stamps, but was just never really brave enough to give it a go.

But I know if I don't do it now I will one day regret it, so I've taken the bull by the horns and I have actually started to create a few designs...


In the past I have drawn little girlies, (some of which you can see here and here), but I think there are enough cute girly stamps on the market and far better than mine...I enjoyed creating them, but my main passion is drawing design elements that can work as a stand alone or be used to create backgrounds, such as floral designs or more abstract designs like frames and flourishes. To be honest now that I've started drawing again my head is crammed so full of ideas I can't get them on to paper quick enough...I already have lots of designs ready to go into production!

This particular design is very simple...but then I think overall that's my preferred style of crafting...I love really simple striking designs. This is so hot off the press (no pun intended lol!), that you can still see the pencil beneath the black ink, I'm definitely not confident enough to draw in ink yet without drawing it in pencil first!

I have drawn my design straight onto SU's new Rich Razzleberry cardstock...ooh this is such a lovely colour!

I can remember when I did my A level art many years ago my art teacher telling me she thought I would make a good botanical illustrator...I would love to have been an illustrator but I don't think there was much call at the time...had rubber stamps been around then I think I know now my life would have taken a very different direction!

I intend to get my designs made into rubber stamps, initially for my own personal use...but who knows what next...I know there are so many fantastic stamp designs out there...I have asked myself what little old moi can possibly do that hasn't been done already? And can I ever be as good as them? It's one thing being able to draw, it is quite another to be unique. But I do know that often I will see a stamp I like, but it is not quite what I'm looking for, or more often than not is not the right size...at least making my own I can make them to my very own specification!

I actually find it quite daunting showing the world my l'il designs to all you discerning crafters, but I'll just take one step at a time for now...if nothing else, I am really enjoying creating my own artwork to incorporate into my crafting, which really is very satisfying!

25 comments:

Fiona said...

Go for it girl! You're a long time dead so use that fantastic talent of yours to see your dream come true. The illustration on your card is superb, can't wait to see what you come up with.
Have a good weekend.

Fiona x

Pam said...

Fab Sarita I for one will be following your progress closely as you may already have guessed I'm a big fan if your work. Good luck. Hugs Pam xx

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

I would buy those!
I think this is the perfect idea for you - start producing your own stamps. You have a sense of elegancy that can break the endless line of cute,cute,cute stamps. I would love to see you make flourishes and flowers and swirls - I think they would be outstanding! YOU GO GIRL! I will start saving ;o)


Hugs
Gunn

lesleyanne said...

the design on your card is fab
live your dream Serita
it's only fear that holds us back
lesley xx

Carol Q said...

Another gorgeously simple design Sarita - I would love to wear that colour cardstock LOL!
Go for it! If it's your dream you have to give it a go. If the rest of your designs are anything like you've created here, I think many people would love to buy them (including me). I have a couple of friends who have their own stamps and it's given them such pleasure. PLEASE no cute and girly LOL

Vicki said...

Way to go Sarita, I would buy these too! I love botanical stamps with or without other images and this card is just gorgoeous. Go for it!

Hugs
Vicki x

Vicki said...

Oh forgot to say, I would definitely buy your girlie stamps too ;)

Vicki x

Love crafts forever said...

Simple and beautiful. What a gorgeous card. Hugs, Nataliya.

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Sarita, you go girl, i'm so glad that your doing this as your work is always amazing. luv gina xx

Lynne said...

I can`t believe you don`t realise just how talented you are Sarita. I would give my right arm ( well ok right leg, can`t craft with only one arm can I)to have a tiny piece of your talent. Go for it! And don`t keep them for yourself, let us all have a go.
Lynne xxx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow you should definitely do it Sarita!
You have such amazing talent!
hugs
kim x

José said...

This is great Sarita, you have made such a gorgeous card with your own designed stamp. I am a big fan of your work and can't wait to see more of your own designes, you never know someone wants to produce them.
Hugs José

chrissie's crafts said...

Hi Sarita
Your designs are beautiful you go for it and make that dream come true, and would definately buy them
Hugs Chrissie x

Jules said...

Hi Sarita

I think you should go for it - I think there will be more than just yourself that would like to use them.

Love what you have done here.

Love Jules xx

Jules said...

Hi Sarita

I think you should go for it - I think there will be more than just yourself that would like to use them.

Love what you have done here.

Love Jules xx

Riet said...

So BEAUTIFUL card Sarita.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue C said...

Sarita these designs are fabulous. What have you got to lose...go for it ! Sue C x

Mandi said...

FAN-bloomin-TASTIC!

xx

Dolly said...

Made my comment on the current post before reading this one, doh! Definitely go for it Sarita, I think there's a gap in the market for classy elegant designs like yours. :)xx

Merry said...

What a talented person you are. I love your girl images. But really enjoy these flower/grass images. Can't wait to see what more you create. Wishing you every luck with your new venture...not that you need it.

Jackie said...

Very classy card. As others have said, go for it girl. You have oodles of talent, now fulfil the ambition :o)
Jackie xx

Clare *Littlebear* said...

From what I have seen I think your designs will be very successful. I am not just saying that to be nice, I truly believe it. Your artwork is superb and would definitely fill a niche.
Clare x

Paula Gale said...

OH MY GOD - this is a fantastic design (sorry - i'm working backwards through your posts - in no particular order LOL)...

You certainly DO need to get these in rubber - and your art teacher was correct - you really do have talent - I can see your designs selling thats for sure... go for it!

Paula x x x

Biscuitlid said...

and as if by magic, as I was about to comment on this one - UPS have been and delivered me a box full of Rich Razzleberry et all!

Another stunning design, so good to see you following your dreams Sarita - keep it going!

Hugs
Victoria
x

Dawn said...

Hiyaaaa! Sarita
Oh my Godddd!! Have just been catching up with all your gorgeousness and wow oh wow your are one talented lady, I loved your sketches way back and said you should have made them in to stamps but these drawings Sarita are stunning, I would buy them in a heartbeat!! Cannot believe you drew them on to the card just beautiful work!!
Go for it and don't waste another second!!! I can feel a whole range of Princess Stamps coming on!! LOL
Hugs

Dawn
x