Saturday, 10 April 2010

One mad rush...

...in the Little Princess craft room again this weekend...really didn't think I was going to create anything let alone blog it today.

Now if you had visited my blog yesterday you would have seen the same creation but completely different photos! Basically, I took photos of this card against a white background and it didn't really show up my stamping.

So I took the photo again today against some dark units...got a bit of reflection being acetate but it is a vast improvement on those I originally took.

I masked off a panel and stamped onto acetate in white Stazon, using my Brocade positive and negative stamps by B Line Designs from L B Crafts.

This is the first time I've taken a photo against a dark background and I have to say I really like it although there is still room for improvement. Mind you, you have to try and get rid of the dust from the units and the acetate as the camera really shows up every speck! I'm amazed though how much difference the dark background has made to the photo quality.

Well, a very short post today as I still have loads to do before the weekend is out...TTFN peeps.

22 comments:

Kerry said...

I think your card is just gorgeous Sarita! Your cards are soo classy and different. Hope you have a good weekend xx

Georgia said...

Stunning Sarita, the use of acetate is fabulous and I love the sky blue, so gorgeous! Have a great weekend. :) Love, Georgia xx

Tara said...

This really is a gorgeous card Sarita and that LB stamps is delish!
I love all your latest creations and your dry embossing is so stylish! Sorry I haven't visited you for a while as I've been concentrating on the kids over Easter ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

José said...

o this is beautiful Sarita!
Hugs José

Lynne said...

You are so imaginative Sarita! I love it.
Lynne xxx

Kaz said...

Gorgeous Sarita, love that stamp xx

angelwhispers said...

Love the card Sarita!! The acetate looks fab and very elegant!! Love Chanelle xx

sandra said...

I agree with Kerry, your cards are so classy, Love accetate on cards. Love Sandra x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Well Sarita - the photos of the acetate look absolutely fine to me, in fact they look fabulous!! Your cards are always divine, and this is no exception.
Love, Sylvia x

Paula Gale said...

this is stunning Sarita. I love the colours you have chosen and the stamp is.... something i think i NEED - LOL.

Paula x x x

Jennifer said...

Love it..so sophisticated! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

Carol Q said...

ooh lovely, lovely. gorgeous stamps and using the them on the acetate and carrying through to the central piece works beautifully.

Julie said...

Very elegant

Fiona said...

This is so elegant Sarita, I love the way you have used the acetate. I'm too scared to stamp on it! (Must pluck up the courage sometime)
Thanks for your kind words. Enjoy the weekend.

Fiona x

Rufus said...

Very pretty and classy, as we've come to expect from you, Sarita! Thanks for sharing this. Will have to try making a card base from acetate, never done that.
R/

Jackie said...

What an absolutely superb card, love the background on acetate :o)
Jackie xx

Linby said...

ooh just discovered BLine stamps and not seen positive negative ones -uhm.....
Love what you have done with it, so creative and inspiring.
Linbyx

Karen said...

Totally amazing work hun.

Love Karen x

Smita said...

Gorgeous stamping and lovely card! I wonder how anybody can work with acetate! :-) Beautiful work, Sarita!

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
So beautiful and stunning!
hugs
kim x

Biscuitlid said...

in a rush but glad you managed to churn this out - it's so striking, love the stamped acetate. Not seen you dabble with acetate in a while - good to see it out again - you never disappoint!!

Hugs
Victoria
x

Christine (Craftling) said...

ssssssSTUNNING!

Hugs,
Chris xx