Thursday, 25 February 2010

Very Very Delish...

Well here I am, back to one of my marathon photo shoots! Getting to spend longer in my craft room now that I am beginning to feel a bit better.

In one of my earlier posts I mentioned that Debs Winrow from Delish Designs had very kindly asked if she could use one of my Delish creations in her new Gallery over at Deb's new online shop The Scrapbook Company.

Well, since then Debs has asked me to create some more Delish creations for her gallery, how cool is that?! What an honour.

So here is a card and matching envelope I made using the new Delish High Tea Collection.


I have seriously fallen for this collection. I had to force myself to stop stroking the papers to make these creations!



The High Tea Collection includes some frames to match the papers, and I used one on my card. I hope you can see the true colours in my photos...the background is the palest of blues, and is then shot through with gorgeous yellow/orange swirls. Really really yummy.


Here I have taken a picture of both the card and the front of the matching envelope, so that you can see the fab Delish postage stamp rub-on.


The flower was made using peach colour tissue paper and Blossom Nesties as shown below. I cut several layers in various sizes and used a beautiful Delish jewel brad to secure it all together. Then the really technical bit...some serious scrunching!!


The envelope was made using a Priscillastyles template...one I have used several times before on my blog. But I have a confession to make and I feel rather sheepish. You see I have been assembing it incorrectly. This ain't a complicated template, but your's truly managed to mess up! I have been putting the bottom centre flap under the sides instead of over the top. Honestly...I think I get so carried away with my crafting sometimes I don't see the obvious!



The sentiments are Delish Rub-Ons. I really love the style of these sentiments, really classy, but then I think all of the Delish range is! Finally, the little faux hinges are part of the Delish Motifs stamp set. Aren't they fab?



Well I hope you have enjoyed my Delish journey. Don't forget to hop over to Deb's new blog to keep up to date with what's going on, and visit her new online shop The Scrapbook Company selling all the Delish goodies! I have more creations in the planning so do pop back for more Delishessness in due course!

24 comments:

Julie Allain said...

Oh Sarita this is beautiful, so pleased that you are starting to feel better xx

Emma said...

Elegant, stylish and so very stunning!
Another beautiful creation,
Emma

Tara said...

Just beautiful Sarita, those papers really are Delish and the flower is stunning.... must find me some tissue paper now!
I'm so glad you're on the mend now, great news ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Carol Quance said...

beeeoootiful Sarita. what gorgeous paper. will have to go and check that out. as you say - very classy!

Mandi said...

You blow me away Sarita!

It's no wonder you have been asked to showcase your work on the Delish site

Amazing work as always

glad to hear you are feeling better than you did

mandi xx

Fiona said...

Gorgeous colours Sarita and oh so stylish. (as usual)
Glad to hear you are feeling a little better.

Fiona x

Linby said...

Sarita so glad you felt well enought to make this gorgeous creation - so beautiful and elegant. Delish designs have found a very talented lady to showcase their goods.
Linbyx

Handmade with Love said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better Sarita. The card is beautiful, I have some of these Delish brads and will have a go at making one of these wonderful flowers to go with it.

I have also left an award for you over on my blog http://handmade-cards-with-love.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-award-thanks-paula.html.

Have a great week!

Tracey x

Priscilla said...

Just GORGEOUS Sarita. I really love your style. Thank you so much for the shout out too. Just fyi..I put all my templates in one place now and you can find them here

http://priscillastyles-store.blogspot.com/

I have the slide top listed now too ;) I would have emailed you privately but can't seem to find your email. Come follow me..I need all the support I can get :) I have been following you ever since you bought my kit and found your blog..THANK YOU for making my kits look soooo good.
You are amazing.
Priscilla aka "priscillastyles"


:)

Merry said...

That is definitely Delish........so stunning and rich.

Steph said...

As gorgeous as ever, Sarita. I adore the flower, it has so many layers, it's beautiful and I adore that peach colour. The gem is gorgeous as well. I'm not surprised you're doing samples for Delish, I think all your work is delish!!!!! lol x

angelwhispers said...

Fabulous!!! The papers are just beautiful love the colours and the flower well what can I say it's devine!! Love it and so glad you are feeling better xx

Ρίκη Ματαλλιωτάκη said...

Very nice!!!

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is stunningly beautiful and with the matching envelope too! Hope you are feeling better! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Dawn said...

Well Done on the Delish Designs - How great to get to design more yummy cards!

this is just sooo beautiful, love your flower..
Hope you're getting better

hugs
Dawn
x

Karen said...

Oh my goodness....its amazing how something as simple as tissue paper can be as Gorgeous as your flower!! I love the whole design, Sarita!! I'll have to hop over to the links you've provided to check it all out! :> Glad you got some crafting in and its helping!

Hugs,
Karen

Biscuitlid said...

so glad you're feeling better by the day hunny.

Beautiful creations here, you could have got away with the whole envelope thing - who'd have noticed?

Can't wait to see your next project!

Love
Victoria
x

Dolly said...

So beautifully stunning Sarita. Those papers are lush, and that flower amazing! I feel some scrunching coming on! :)xx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh my this is so utterly stunning!
You take care and I hope you feel stronger soon.
hugs
kim x

mckinkle said...

Hi Sarita, Im so pleased to read that you're feeling alot better at the moment!

What a beautiful creation you have made, I know I'd be tickled pink if it were me that had asked you to make these up. It is just stunningly elegant!

Keryn x

Vicki said...

Wow another stunning set Sarita, absolutely beautiful!

Hugs
Vicki x

PS glad you feel better:)

José said...

This is so beautiful, realy elegant, great flower you have made, and thanks for showing how to make it.
Hugs José

Jackie said...

These are absolutely stupendous, gorgeous colours too. I am not surprised that you have been asked to do them :o)
Jackie xx

Tracey said...

Glad you're feeling better Sarita. This is absolutely stunning I'mgoing to def have a go at making these flowers.

Take care hun
Hugs
Tracey
xx