Saturday, 13 February 2010

Just in the nick of time...

...for Valentine's day...hubby has been so good looking after me whilst I've been ill...I hope he likes this card I've made for him for tomorrow. I know these aren't traditional Valentine colours but I don't do red very well, so I settled for pastel colours instead.


The beautiful damask hearts are by Elusive images. They're quite big hearts and come in 4 different designs. The heart border is by Fiskars...I have 7 border punches by Fiskars bought several years ago and never used...they were buried at the back of my wardrobe...shame on me!


The little "Key to my Heart" sentiment stamp is by Savvystamps. The stunning silver key is by Delish. Just before I became ill I was contacted by the lovely Debs, who is the creative director of Ginger Pickles, who launched the trading brand Delish Designs. As you know I am a huge huge fan of Delish. Apparently one of her customers bought one of her beautiful frame stamps after seeing the place setting I created in an earlier post, which you can see here.

Debs asked if she could use my photo to put in her gallery. THE Debs of Delish asking little old moi if she could put one of my creations in her gallery?-it took all of a nano second for me to say yes! Debs has also launched an online shop called The Scrapbook Company so do check it out.

Well, I'm having to restrict my time in the craft room...I get tired very quickly and keep crashing out at about 2pm for an afternoon snooze! Still when I think back to this time last week it's hardly surprising. I keep walking around saying "I can't believe it" coz I can't...I can't believe I was unwittingly making myself ill with those tablets for so long. I know I've still got a way to go before I'm fully recovered but I'm slowly getting there! Thank you all so much for all your kind comments and get well wishes, they mean a lot to me.

17 comments:

Pam said...

This is beautiful Sarita. You need to take things easy and look after yourself. Hugs Pam xx

Emma said...

Oh wow!
This is just stunning and completely took my breath away! Beautiful and I'm certain your Husband will love it!

Have a good weekend...

alcoholinky said...

lovely card. the glitter embossing really highlights it.

José said...

What a gorgeous card you have made for your husband. He will be very happy with it I think, and also with your recovery. I Hope you get wel soon now the drugs are out of your system.
Hugs José

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Sarita this is so sensational!
Love those beautiful colours and your design is amazing!
Awesome work for your honey!
hugs
kim x

Linby said...

Absolutely beautiful and stunning creation - totally love that little key stamp (guess where I am going next LOL!). Look after yourself and do a little bit at a time - not easy I know but you will get there in the end. So glad you found out what was wrong.
Hugs
Linbyx

angelwhispers said...

So glad you are feeling a little better Sarita!!! Love the Valentine's card just beautiful (love the heart stamps) Well done having a card in the Delish Gallery xxx

Lynne said...

So pleased to have you back Sarita. You created the most beautiful cards before so imagine what you can do now with out the tablets. If this one is anything to go by we`re in for a treat :)
Love Lynne xxx

Sue C said...

Beautiful card Sarita, I'm sure hubby will love it. The hearts are wonderful. Good to see your starting on the road to recovery. Take care. Sue C x

Riet said...

Ohhhh wowwww Sarita,what a BEAUTIFUL card, i love your hear So gorgeous colours and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Biscuitlid said...

aw what a gorgeous card for Hubby. Love that heart border punch, how could you not remember that lovely thing lurking at the back of your wardrobe lol!!!

Congrats on Deb getting in touch with you, I bet she's thrilled to have your design in her gallery.

Feel better
Hugs
Victoria
x

Elaine aka Quixotic said...

This is stunning! So elegant.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Sandra said...

Hi Sarita, so sorry to hear you have been so unwell. Hopefully you are feeling better and stronger every day.
Your card is stunning! I love the fact that you have not used 'traditional' colours... makes it all the more striking.
Your hubby will treasure it I'm sure.
Hugs and enjoy Valentine's day
Sandra x

Kellylouj said...

This is so beautiful I love it xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

A beautiful Valentine card! Gorgeous! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Jackie said...

This is so beautiful, and who says Valentine cards have to be red? It's a refreshing change to see them in different colours :o)
Jackie xx

Steph said...

Oh wow, Sarita. Another totally gorgeous card. Your hubbie will love it, it's so elegant! So glad you're starting to feel a bit better and congrats on the Delish thing, it's no surprise to all of us because we all get so much inspiration from you every week! x