Friday, 1 January 2010

More flowers....

Another post in the same day, told you I'd been busy! Having been playing with my Sizzix flower die recently, I thought I would have a go at making my own flowers.


I found a fab tutorial over at StampARTic. The tutorial shows how to make flowers using the retro flower punches. However, I wanted a big flower, but was stuck because the largest retro flower punch just wasn't big enough for the flower I wanted to create.

So I adapted the idea, and die cut a large scallop using my nesties....I then cut into it in the same fashion as shown in the tutorial....

This flower was made using nothing more than plain white card, but the Imaginisce bling really brings it to life...


...more layers, more dimension.


To make the rest of the card, I used a post card stamp, from Stampin' Up's "Winter post", which although is from a Christmas stamp set, I knew I would use it for creations all year round.

The stripey paper I created myself...just using a grey Tombow and a ruler!


However, my cutting pales into insignificance when compared to my lovely bloggy buddie Nela, who is a great source of inspiration to me. This lady cuts the most beautifully intricate creations, if you've never seen her work, please do hop over to her blog to have a look and see what I mean.

I have since been making flowers by the dozen, but this time in all different colours...I've been stamping on to them, and inking them up in all different ways, so it definitely won't be the last you see of them on my blog!

17 comments:

Nela said...

Magnificent!
Happy New year, I wish you all the best! You got the gift on my blog, hee, hee!

Riet said...

Wowww Sarita,what a beautiful card,i love your flower end papers.
So gorgeous details.

I wish you a very happy new year.
Hugs Riet.xx

angelwhispers Chanelle said...

Wonderful Sarita you really are into the flowers at the moment xx The bigger the better! Love it xx

Sue said...

Hi Sarita, not been much of a blogger lately, but happy to see that you are still coming up with stunning creations. Happy New Year and look forward to seeing what you come up with in 2010.x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous card Sarita - the flower is absolutely stunning and the gems really do add the Wow factor.
Wishing you lots of Happy Crafting in 2010.
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Juls said...

so stunning!! Love your handmade flower and your gorgeous swirls of pearls! so elegant love it!!

joey said...

Happy New Year to you Sarita, ooooh your flower is gorgeous, I really dont know how you got your paper design to look so neat, even with a ruler I would have bodged it up! its gorgeous. Joey.xxx

Rosemary said...

Stunning and just perfect in pure white.

Jackie said...

What a brilliant job you made of it, gorgeous card :o)
Jackie xx

Fiona said...

All very impressive and as ever, gorgeous.
Fiona x

Dawn said...

Wowee those flowers ROCK!, and making your own paper too - you never cease to amaze!

Happy New Year my friend..

Dawn

Kim Piggott said...

Oh how beautiful!
Such a great idea and works beautifully!
Love your touch of pearls too!
hugs
kim x

Merry said...

Wow...what a stunning card and that flower is amazing. Off to check out the tutorial...thanks so much for sharing.

Steph said...

What a gorgeous creation, Sarita! Love the idea of using your nestie- fab! Looking forward to seeing the other ones you've made x

Eva said...

Gorgeous! :D And what a brilliant idea to use a scallop circle die... I may have to steal, I mean borrow, the idea. ;) Happy new year!

Anneke said...

great tutorial and card.
looks very elegant.
hapy new year

Kim Dellow said...

Stunning Sarita! Fabulously elegant flower. Kim