Saturday, 12 December 2009

Renewed inspiration...

Quite by accident last weekend, I stumbled across the crafty blog of a lovely lady called Leonie. It turns out that Leonie lives very near to me and was starting a craft club in our area.

So I went along for the first meeting last Monday. I really really enjoyed it and had a fantastic time. Leonie and her dad made us all feel really welcome, we even had wine and homemade mincepies (the best I've ever tasted I might add!). Everyone was so friendly...we all had a look each others work and enjoyed Leonie's demo's. I really feel that my crafting has got stuck in a rut lately, and I came away bursting with fresh ideas and renewed inspiration from Leonie and my fellow crafters.

One of Leonie's creations particularly caught my eye...it was a beautiful flower creation made from acetate. Now as you all must know by now, I have a bit of a thing for acetate, but I've only ever made cards with it.

So, I had a think about what other creations I could make out of acetate. Here is what I came up with...



I decided to use my Sizzix Bigz Hanging snowflake #2, and punched 2 snowflakes. I then stamped them with a swirly stamp in Midnight Blue Stazon and layered them up.

If I can pass on any tip, it would be...let the Stazon dry before you layer up the acetate....yep sounds obvious I know...but I tell you this to save you from the frustration and anger that I suffered by splodging the ink and then having to start over (which I did 3 TIMES!!)...I'm not a patient crafter lol!


The finishing touch was the giant gem from Kars in the middle of my snowflake. I think these snowflakes would make lovely decorations for the Christmas tree...they could be stamped in co-ordinating colours to match your colour scheme...or perhaps hang a few at the window...ooh they would look gorgeous with the light shining through them!

I can't wait for the next craft club meeting...if you live in the Canterbury area and are interested in joining us please hop over to Leonie's blog, as she will be annoucing when the next club meeting will be very soon. Leonie also presents on Create and Craft, so watch out for her on the tele!!

Well, I'm off as I have so many other ideas that I just have to get out of my system...it's gonna be a busy crafting weekend!

See you again soon.

18 comments:

Steph said...

Wow, Sarita. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love all your new ideas! I especially love the blue ink you've used. Your Christmas tree will look v glamorous. Wish I lived in Canterbury!!!! x

Dolly said...

This is beautiful, thanks so much for sharing it. Enjoy your weekend. :)xx

Nela said...

This one is really perfect!

Fiona said...

Your snowflake would be a gorgeous addition to any christmas tree or festive window. How weird-I found Leonie's blog this week too via a comment someone left on my blog. She is very natural on the telly, shame I live too far away for the club.
Fiona x

alcoholinky said...

gorgeous Sarita. lucky you to have found such a good crafting club nearby too.

Mandi said...

OH THE Leonie! lol Didnt realise you meant her,.she is FAB

Your snowflake is sensational...check out the new word for me LOL

Have a good weekend hunnie xxxx

Christine (Craftling) said...

Gorgeous snowflake, Sarita. So jealous of everyone who can get to a club run by Leonie! Have long been an admirer of hers from her QVC years. She has come a long way, and has blossomed into a really professional presenter. Love her natural design ability, too.

Hey.. I live in Peterborough (where the Create & Craft studios are).. Wonder if she might be moving up here now she's working there??? ;o) Would be first to put my name on a list for joining her Peterborough club!! lol ;o)

Can't wait to see what other inspiration you've got bubbling away...

Hugs,
Chris xx

Tara said...

I've really missed visiting your blog Sarita and checking out your stunning creations..... this one really is a beauty and such a fab and unusual idea ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Biscuitlid said...

gorgeous creation but made me laugh, a while back I made a card with a circle aperture and thought I'd be really clever and make a 3 layered acetate snowflake to hang in it and had the same issue as you with the Stazon not drying.

So many snowflakes got launched across the room that day. Even when the Stazon had dried, the silicone glue took forever and the blummin things were sliding all over the place!

Victoria
x

Julie said...

Absolutely gorgeous

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Sarita,what BEAUTIFUL.

Hugs Riet.xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Oooooh - this is absolutley fabulous Sarita, and such a brilliant way to use acetate - thank you so much for sharing.
(How lovely to have been to Leonie's class - I am so pleased she has moved to C&C, where she can show off her talents to the full).
Love, Sylvia xxxx

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

gorgeous!

enjoy *~*

Rufus said...

Really, really pretty! Jealous that I can't join the club, but the commute might be a bit to much, I'm in the US!
R/

Sue C said...

This is lovely Sarita, like you I am very impatient and have had many a 'moment' when things have smudged because I didn't give them time to dry ! Beautiful. Sue C x

Juls said...

wow!! this is stunning!! Its always good to descover new inspiration! Totally fab project!!

Jackie said...

This is beautiful, what a lovely idea :o)
Jackie xx

Merry said...

Absolutely wonderful.