Friday, 18 December 2009

Joy is where you find it....

Good morning peeps...what, you may ask, am I doing at home on a Friday? Well, I booked this day off work ages ago to do some Christmas shopping...but that's definitely off the cards now. We have had some snow, an irritating small amount of snow...I say this because it is very pretty to look at but the roads are still lethal.

In addition, I am supposed to be going on my Christmas do tonight...my first with my new friends and colleagues since I started my new job earlier this year...hopefully I will make it but depends if we have any more snow.
So as Christmas shopping is off, I suppose I will just have to stay indoors and craft..what an absolute disaster lol.

As a complete antedote to Christmas cards, I thought I would make something a bit different. I used this beautiful Hero Arts "Three Ferns" stamp for my latest creation...you must have gleaned by now I love all things leafy...especially leafy dies, or a stamp that I can use to cut some leaves out.


I used my Wizard tan embossing mats for the first time to emboss circles into my card using my nesties...really like this effect and will deffo be using this technique again...

I used two Stampin Up ink pads in Rose Red and Cameo Coral, and the ribbon is also by Stampin Up.

The sentiment is also by Hero Arts. The coloured cord is by Dunelm Mill...they mainly do furnishings but have just branched out into craft as well. Finally I just added a few gems to finish my card off.

Well, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my day and then get ready for my night out...fingers crossed I can get there!

20 comments:

Biscuitlid said...

oooh what a treat to stop by and see this gorgeous creation!

Love the colours, pink is so my favourite! I bet it was very theraputic cutting those leaves out too

Hope you get to your Christmas do

Victoria
x

Julie Allain said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

mckinkle said...

Stunningly elegant card Sarita! The embossed circles are so effective and the ferns are such a delicate feature.

Hope you get to enjoy a really great works 'do'!

Keryn x

Vicki said...

Oooow another beautiful card Sarita, I love seeing what you've come up with, such a creative mind, I'm jealous....lol!

Hope the "do!" goes well:)

Hugs
Vicki x

Steph said...

Oooo this is defo one of my favorite cards - it's gorgeous! Well done hun. x

Mandi said...

Absolutely stunning!

Take Care if you go out Sarita
xx

Juls said...

wow!! You had a lot of patience cutting out all those leaves!! but what stunning results!! and love the little gem detail too!!

Fiona said...

Ooh Sarita this is utterly gorgeous. All that cutting out is so fiddly, I just haven't got the patience, or your cutting skills!
Those shades of pink are delish and you've even got the thread to match- I still haven't managed to get my hands on any of that.
Hope you get to your xmas do tonight.
Fiona x

Steph said...

Oh Sarita!!! This is SO stunning! I love the delicate pink and that stamp is gorgeous. How come you have this ability to do such amazing things with such a plain stamp?- I'd never have seen the wonderful possiblities with that stamp!!
Hope you get to go out tonight! x

Sue C said...

Beautiful Sarita ! You must have the patience of a saint to cut all those leaves out....and so perfectly too ! Sue C x

alcoholinky said...

beautiful creation Sarita. you are so good at combining colours. love the way you've used this stamp. I really must get some SU ink pads too!!

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww,wowwww Sarita,what a BEAUTIFUL card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Christine (Craftling) said...

Gorgeous! Your work is always so original. Love it!

Hope you make it to your 'do'!

Hugs,
Chris xx

Kim Piggott said...

So brilliant that you have a day off!
Love your utterly beautiful card!
hugs
kim x

Kaz said...

That's beautiful Sarita, so much more satisfying to make something gorgeous than to be overcrowded in hot shops! x

Jackie said...

What a fab card, I too love all things trees and leaves and I just adore that stamp :o)
Jackie xx

Linby said...

I love what you did with the stamp for this card - you are sooo creative, love your work. I can't get this embossing effect even with the tan mat - must try again. Hope you made it to your "do".
Linbyx

Rufus said...

Wowsa! Just love the card, so stunning, elegant yet simple. Much more fun that Christmas shopping, esp with treacherous roads! Hope they got them cleaned up so you could go to your "do" tonight.
R/

Merry said...

This cards is beautiful and elegant.

Julie said...

This is gorgeous, I ever so impressed with your cutting out