Sunday, 6 December 2009

Fowl play...

Yep, it's official, I'm in a fowl mood. All will be revealed in a moment or two...

First, here is a card I made for this week's Papertake Weekly Challenge, which is sketch challenge.

Groan...now sooner had I written on my blog that I rarely enter sketch challenges, when it seems I am now doing them on weekly basis!!

Anyway, here is the sketch...


As I was in a bit of a rebellious mood, I placed my layers at a jaunty angle.

You'll never guess where the idea came from for the colour scheme....it was from...wait for it...I'm a Celebrity!!

One of the girl presenters on ITV 2 was wearing a grey dress with short black sleeves, and was sitting next to some orange cushions! My little creative synapses jumped into action and I thought "Ooh that will be a good colour combo for my next project!" Honestly, I don't think there is ever a time I switch off from crafting lol.

I shall also be entering this card for a colour challenge over at Splitcoaststampers. The colour challenge I am entering is a few weeks old now but the good thing is with SCS challenges is there is no time limit. It's called "Neutrals with a Pop", so any neutral colour cardstock but just add a pop of colour by stamping or with accessories.

Now as you have probably gleaned from my latest creations, that I love my little Stampin Up pheasant. So I thought I would add to my fowl collection with these little hens from T J Designs.

It was by sheer coincidence that I ordered the wrong ink pad from the internet...I thought I had ordered a yellow mustard colour which was for another project, but it turned out to be this pale orange..perfect as it happened for my colour scheme for this project, and it matches my hobbycraft ribbon as well!

I made a little recipe folder and started to make some little inserts to write my receipes on...

The little flower stems were made using a stamp from Stampin Up's Autumn Days. It didn't actually take that long to cut out the individual stems.

Well, I hope you like. I'm off for a rest today...I went on my first Christmas meal yesterday...got several more to go to and my waistline is already expanding!

See you soon!

25 comments:

Fiona said...

What gorgeous work Sarita, I love it all, you have such good taste. The colour combo is a real winner, and the chook looks fab. How fiddly was all that cutting out??
Also love that very fine thread you use as it's very stiff, is it waxed?
Fiona x
P.S. Glad Gino won!

alcoholinky said...

stunning Sarita - those stalks must have taken some careful cutting out LOL

joey said...

ooooooooooooh Sarita another stunner from you! I feel like a parrot when I hop to your blog lol, shall have to find something better to say love it!. Joey.x

Steph said...

Gorgeous work hun. love it all. x Fab colour combo too.

José said...

Thank you fot visiting my blog. I thought I return the favor. What a great blog you have. I like your cards very much, so beautifull with only stamps and some embelishments or ribon. They are 'n inspiration for me.
Hugs José

Marja Sch said...

Oh so lovely what alovely way to make a card. :)Marja

Georgia said...

By the way Sarita, where did you get your falling snow from? I'd love to get some on my blog! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Georgia said...

So stunning Sarita, I love everything, it all looks so gorgeous and striking! The 'wheat' stamp is lovely, and I love the idea of orange and black together! There's something on my blog for you... :)
Love, Georgia xx

Christine (Craftling) said...

Oh, my golly.. Gorgeous array of creations again, hun. Our tastes are so much in common.. I have a thing for chickens, too.. and I love, love, love what you've done with that stalk.. Cutting them out individually is a stroke of genius, as is that colour combo! Amazing.

Know what you mean about the odd sources of inspiration, too.. Was watching someone being interviewed on the news in front of a curtain yesterday, and I am totally inspired! Black damask print on what looked like a heavy sackclothy-hessian type of material.. OOh! Black damask on kraft card, I thought! Have also taken inspiration from packaging of hair products before now! lol ;o)

Anyway, hope you're well.

Hugs,
Chris xx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow so amazing!
Fantastic work Sarita!
hugs
kim x

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, wonderful colours and layout. Love your recipe cards too :o)
Jackie xx

CRAFTERESA said...

I love the colour combo you used on these cards, really lovely work

can I just ask how you managed to make you blog look like its snowing?
I love the effect and would love to add it to my blog too

have a good week
Crafteresa

Georgia said...

Hi Sarita,
It's me...again! Just to say thanks so much for the email to my mum, I've added the code to my blog and it works! Thank you! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Riet said...

Ohhhh Sarita,what beautiful, i love your image and colours.
So chique.

Hugs Riet.x

Biscuitlid said...

both so very pretty, it's amazing where you can find inspiration isn't it?

I've just made a card with a SU birdie but can't post it 'til Tuesday

Victoria
x

Kiki said...

Wow, your cards are absolutly fantastic. Like them very much...

Hugs, Kiki

Rufus said...

Great color combo. Yup, the strangest things can inspire a creation. Really like your work.
R/

Julie said...

Lovely card Sarita, the colour scheme is different but it really works.

mckinkle said...

Another beautiful collection of lovely goodies. Such a fantastic colour choice, youve really brought it to life.
Love the tiny wheat sheaves - or are they rushes? Im not very green fingered!

Keryn :D

Jules said...

Hi Sarita

Brilliant work as always. You are such and inspiration.

I would never have bought that stalk stamp and yet look what you can do with it!! Oh I need to look outside the box a bit more LOL!!!

Thank you for sharing your gorgeous creations.

Love Jules xx

Vicki said...

Oh Sarita your card is stunning and the colours are just beautiful together, I so love visiting your blog and seeing all your fabulous creations.

Hugs
Vicki x

Joanne Gilch said...

Lovely card. Just became a follower. Come visit and reciprocate!!

found you over at SCS
joanne

Denise said...

Beautiful work, love the bleu range of creations :-)

Smiffy's Particrafting adventures said...

Hi Sarita
It was great to meet you on Monday. Thanks for stopping by on my blog. I love your cards, they gave me so many ideas! Pam xx

Steph said...

Wow, Sarita. I love these. I love the colour combo and the delicate way you've cut out the stalks and put them together, they look like a wheat sheaf. Gorgeous! I always love the fact that you choose such original stamps that no one else has got! x