Friday, 1 January 2010

A fab Christmas present and my Bigz flowers...

Happy New Year to everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your Christmas, can't believe another one has been and gone.

I gotta tell you about my fab Christmas pressie from DH. Before I moved into my big craft room, I used to share my computer space with my craft table. Several years ago I bought a computer monitor, and the day after I bought it as I was trying to unblock some liquid pearls...you know what's coming lol...I sprayed my brand new monitor with blue paint!

It was like it for several years and I just put up with it, so it was a complete surprise to receive a huge 22" computer monitor from hubby this year...I think he realises now this whole blogging thing isn't going to go away lol. Anyway, I will now make sure I keep it well away from my craft worktop....

On to my latest creations, I have been playing with my new Sizzix flower#2 die, and I love it. Here's what I made...


...but before we go any further, look who muscled in on my photo shoot. He's such a poser...


Here you can see one of the flowers up close...I just dusted the ends with some grey ink and then brushed some pale blue Shimmerz across the petals...it only adds a hint of colour and gives the flower a lovely soft sheen...




The lovely floral DP is by Papercellar...I just added some Prima pearls to finish....


Well, I've had a lovely Christmas...in between all the festivities I've actually had some to play in my craftroom, and I've already got a few new creations waiting to be photographed and posted on my blog.

As for New Year's resolutions...maybe I'll tidy my craftroom every time I use it...nah...that will be broken by the end of today....maybe I'll cut back on the amount of craft stash I buy...nah, I've just seen all the new Hero Arts stamps...will also be broken by today lol.

I think my New Year's resolution will be to stretch myself creatively, and there was something else...what was it..oh yes to get fit...somehow I don't think that one's gonna last very long either!

24 comments:

Christine said...

Stunning creation so classy love it.

Hugs Christine xx

Ewik21 said...

woooooow great job !!!! Happy New Year to You and family !! Hugs Ewa

Sue C said...

Beautiful Sarita ! Fingers crossed I have this bigz die winging it's way to me ! Like your style with the New Year resolutions, I'm still thinking about mine ! Sue C x

Julie said...

A really beautiful card, love that elegant paper. Happy New Year I do look forward to seeing the results of your one resolution lol.

Lena22 said...

Happy New Year!!!

Jenni said...

Fabulous card, I love the elegant look. Happy New year!
Jenni x

angelwhispers Chanelle said...

Fabulous!! Just love the die and mixed with the bling just gorgeous!! Happy New Year Sarita!! Love Chanelle xx

Jackie said...

Stunning is the word, absolutely superb. I love that flower die :o)
I don't make New Year resolutions then I can't break them :o)
Jackie xx

Fiona said...

What an elegant and luxurious card Sarita, it's beautiful. Your pussycat is a very handsome boy isn't he?
Fiona

Vicky said...

Beautiful card Sarita. I adore your new flowers! Happy New Year!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Linby said...

This is soooo beautiful -love it and your cat - sweet.
Happy New Year
Linbyx

alcoholinky said...

coo, aren't they beauties Sarita? lovely colours too. Happy New Year to you!

Lynne said...

Gorgeous Sarita. Love it! Happy New Year to you and yours. Lynne xxx

Georgia said...

This is such a beautiful card Sarita, really gorgeous - I love it! The flowers are soooo stunning and I love the picture of your lovely cat! :) Glad to hear you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow this is utterly stunning!
I love your beautiful card!
Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!
Wishing you and your loved ones a very Happy New Year!
hugs
kim x

Pam said...

Stunning card Sarita. Hugs Pam x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Sarita,i love your flower and flower,and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Michelle said...

Sone truly gorgeous work again Sarita, love those parchement poinsettias such pretty cards, Love looking at your work. WIshing you all you would wish yourself for 2010.
Much Love
Michelle

mckinkle said...

Such beautiful flowers Sarita, you may it all look so effortless!

I think you must have been a florist in a previous life - you have such a feel for them! Mine look like pieces of paper that have been punched! lol

Keryn x

Trudy said...

A really beautiful card, love that elegant paper.
Happy New Year Sarita!! and
Thank you for visiting to my blog.
Hugs Trudy

Christine (Craftling) said...

Simply stunning. Those flowers are gorgeous.. and so is your handsome cat! :o)

Happy New Year to you..

Hugs,
Chris xx

cyga said...

beatiful cards, they are so winter

Steph said...

Wow, Sarita. This is gorgeous!!!!! I LOVE the bling and the background is so elegant and stylish. What a fab pressie from your hubbie!! x

Chrissie said...

Simply beautiful!
Wonderful paper and gorgeous pearls! A real Sarita creation!
Chrissie