Sunday, 27 December 2009

Back again...

....wasn't gone long was I he he...there's only so much tele I can watch, and I've seen most of my friends and relies, so what else is there to do but get back in my craft room lol.

Now I hope you will forgive me for my latest creations...I have used a Poinsettia stamp...I know, I know, Christmas is only just been and gone...but it is still winter...to be honest though I think I would be happy to use this little stamp all year round!

I decided to make these creations using parchment. I used a Papermania damask design and stamped the parchment in white Stazon to create the background. I love working with parchment and don't use it nearly often enough.


The box I made below was a bit tricky...it was quite by accident that I made the lid smaller than the base (doh!)...however when I came to put it together I realised the lid would fit into the base....I was really pleased as it covers where the parchment joins, which as no doubt you know is the hardest part of working with parchment-how to stick it together so that the tape or glue doesn't show through.

The beautiful flower centres are new by Prima called "Sultan Gems", from Quixoticpaperie.

The stamp I used is by Personal Impressions...this was a stamp I bought at my craft class last month..I stamped the poinsettia 4 times, once on to black card and 3 times on to parchment, and then layered it up. I think the parchment gives it a lovely delicate quality.

I thought the poinsettia flower would look great as place settings on the Christmas table...well maybe next year lol...and I can't profess to making the napkin ring, that's courtesy of BHS!


Well, I hope you are still enjoying your post Christmas activities...me, I'm off to try and think of what else can be done with left over turkey...

See you soon!

23 comments:

Handmade with Love said...

Wow Sarita this is another stunning creation. Really beautiful. Hope you are having a lovely christmas. Tracey x

mckinkle said...

Gorgeous makes Sarita, Ive got that stamp and would never have thought to try it on parchment/vellum! Wow!

Keryn x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Sarita!
Your creations are stunningly beautiful!
I love what you do with the flower!
Soooo gorgeous!
hugs
kim x

Julie said...

Absolutely beautiful and elegant as are most of your creations.

Vicki said...

Oh Sarita these are just stunning, the poinsettia is amazing in parchment.

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and best wishes for the New Year!

Hugs
Vicki x

Karen said...

Forgive you???!!! Sarita, you have made this pointsettia stamp timeless!! Love it in the white, making it beautiful for all winter long! :>

Linby said...

I can only echo what everyone else has said - stunning. My OH was looking over my shoulder and said "oh they are nice"!
Linbyx

angelwhispers Chanelle said...

Hope you had a fab Christmas Sarita!! Another fab stamp just love what you have done with it and I must agree "keep it out" its so beautiful xx

Riet said...

Ohhhh wowww Sarita,what a BEAUTIFUL creations,love your images, so beautiful flower and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

sandra said...

Amazing!!!!
Hugs!
Sandra!

L'Hélène said...

This is really stunning!

I'm looking for the perfect white ink, looks like Stazon is the one!

Rufus said...

How elegant the poinsettia is when done in parchment! Another marvelous creation.
R/

Julie said...

Sarita, this is so beautiful!! Love the look of the parchment-it has such an elegant feel, fab! Juliex

Karen said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING !

Love Karen x

Jackie said...

OMG this is absolutely superb, beautiful as well :o)
Jackie xx

José said...

Wow, Sarita, the poinsetta is gorgeous,when you see just the stamp you can't imagine it became such a beautifull flower. Why can you not use it during the whole year? I make two Christmascards every month, so it will be not so stressfull in the end of the year!
Hugs José

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful, Sarita. Truly beautiful! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Steph said...

Beautiful, Sarita! I love the use parchment, it's so different and the gem gives it so much bling factor! Hope you had a lovely Christmas! x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow - this is fabulous Sarita. Love the way you have layered the white stamped image onto parchment, and the gem is stunning. Another wonderful creation!
Have a happy New Year.
Love, Sylvia xxx

Christine (Craftling) said...

Welcome back! Hope your Christmas was lovely.

Beautiful, as always! Great idea for place-settings.. Would be exquisite.

Hugs,
Chris xx

Debbie said...

Hi Sarita

What a gorgeous card I love this stamp but can't get my hands on it .. looked for personal impressions but couldn't find it .. where did you get yours??

Beautiful blog by the way

Debbie
x

Chris said...

WOWEE what a beauty Sarita! Love the stamp and the effect of using it on parchment, it's stunning. Wishing you a very happy new year. Chris xx

Zinnia said...

Happy New Year!!! oxxoxo Zinnia