Friday, 27 November 2009

A old sketch challenge...

Yay...it's the weekend!! It has been a very busy week again for me, I can't wait to put my feet up and indulge in a bit of R & R!

Now I don't do sketch challenges often, but if I see one that appeals I will give it a go. I recently found an old sketch over at Mojo Monday that I really liked the look of, so I decided to use it for inspiration to make this card. It isn't completely true to the sketch but then I never quite follow the rules!

So I got out my new SU stash again and this was the result. I really have a thing about trees and love this little tree from Stampin Up. The pheasant is from the "Autumn days" SU set, but I think it works quite well with the tree stamp.



The papers are by Papermania called "Regency", and I've used chocolate chip cardstock and SU ribbon.

Well I'm off to enjoy my weekend...soz for not getting round to see you all last week...I look forward to catching up with everyone and seeing what you've all been up to since my last visit.

See you soon!

18 comments:

Biscuitlid said...

Beautiful Sarita, I love the colour palette and those sets of stamps go so well together.

I wish you could come and make up all my samples for me with all my SU kit!!!


Victoria
x

Karen said...

Hi Sarita! I just love this mixup of SU goodies! Both sets that you use are on my wishlist (which is terribly or wonderfully long...depending on how you look at it!!). :>

Julie Allain said...

Sarita your card is wonderful !! xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card Sarita. I love this choc chip ribbon from SU! I don't have any yet though as I don't think could bring myself to use it!
Lol!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Kaz said...

I've just caught up with your recent posts and you've made some beautiful and elegant cards again. I'm envious!! xx

Rufus said...

Lovely card!
R/

Jackie said...

What a superb card Sarita, I have this tree stamp set so I will have to have a play :o)
Jackie xx

Sue C said...

I love these shades of brown together and the tree is fab ! Sue x

Fiona said...

This is delightful Sarita, gorgeous colours you've used. Beautiful stamps too.
Enjoy your weekend.
Fiona x
PS. I went to C.U.L. and got my Kraft card, thanks again.

mckinkle said...

Very chocolatey, mmmm! Lovely tree and the bird goes so well with the whole feel of the card.
Very stylish indeed!
Keryn :D

PS Must just add, your title image always brings a huge smile to my face as your page opens! Great fun!

alcoholinky said...

gorgeous, delightful, beautiful. lovely colour choice Sarita!

suecake200 said...

I,ve been following your blog for some time and your cards are simple but very elegant. I live them all

Sue Robinson

Clare (Littlebear) said...

Hi Sarita,
You have made some beautiful cards since my last visit and I have enjoyed looking at them all.
Clare x

gina g said...

Hi Sarita Gorgeous card and i love the colour.Hope you have a lovely weekend. luv gina xx

Riet said...

Ohh wowww Sarita,what a beautiful card,i love the papers and colours.

Zo mooi...
Hugs Riet.x

Christine (Craftling) said...

Fab card again, Sarita. Love that pheasant. I know it's a different bird, but it reminds me of that wonderful Famous Grouse TV ad.

Hugs,
Chris xx

Steph said...

I love how you've layered up this card and the bow looks SO gorgeous!

Juls said...

so so gorgeous!! Love the background paper, the fab sepia tones and your tree image!! stunning creation!!