Saturday, 14 November 2009

Very Bravo Kraft...

...this is the title of the colour challenge over at Splitcoaststampers for this week. The colour combination is Very Vanilla, Bravo Burgandy and Kraft.

First I stamped my Stampin' Up tree, from the set "Lovely as a Tree", several times to create the backdrop. The beautiful sentiment stamp is by Delish Designs.

To complete my card, I cut out a tree and raised it up to give it a bit of dimension.

A bit of ribbon and a button, and voila, card done. When I first saw the colour challenge I wasn't sure, but now I really like it. And I do love my Kraft card so I was willing to persevere! I did try layering the card up with some burgandy card, but I felt it looked to heavy so I left it out.

Well, I'm off for a walk shortly....and yes we do have gale force winds and rain! But you see I love a bit of bad weather...if I lived in America I would definitely be a storm chaser lol!! I wouldn't want bad weather all the time you understand...but I live approx 500 yards from the beach, and when the waves are crashing onto the shore, I just love it. For me it beats fighting your way round the shops doing the Christmas shopping any day!

Will catch up with you sometime this weekend...have a good one.

16 comments:

All Pink girl said...

Wow what a stunning card so beautifull xxx
hugs Dawnxx

Denise said...

I love this card. Your cards are always so stylish. xx Denise xx

Debbie said...

Beautiful. Love the colours.

Hugs Debbie xx

Fiona said...

Simple but utterly stunning. Love the colours. (I'm with you on the xmas shopping.)
Fiona x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow! This is delightful! Warm wishes, Lesley

Georgia said...

Gorgeous card Sarita!! These colours look absolutely lovely together, I especially love the red. The tree is beautiful and I love the button and ribbon! Hope you have a lovely walk. The crashing waves sound like heaven, lol! :)
Have a nice weekend.
Love, Georgia xx

Tara said...

Stunning Sarita, I really love this style of card! I've been flicking through a Stampin' Up catalogue earlier and I really do love the samples in there!
Are you ready for later? Jedward must go!!!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, hugs Tara xx

Mrs O said...

Hi, I am in awe of your work, your cards are amazing, very stylish and classy. The sentiment stamp you have used is by Delish Designs and is on the Christmas clear stamps set STC-MO1. They are very hard to get, in fact I am still trying to get a set, so if anyone has any luck, please please let me know, love, Sharon xxx

Juls said...

pink tree's how fab!! I would love that in the real world!! Stunning elegant card, love it!!

Merry said...

Oh so pretty....love that tree set.

Jackie said...

Wonderful card, never thought of doing that tree in red :o)
Jackie xx

Kaz said...

Another beautiful card xx

alcoholinky said...

ooh, that's just gorgeous Sarita!

Karen said...

This is beautiful, a tad rustic, simple for the eye, and absolutely stunning!! Love the cut out tree layered on top of the ribbon! :>

Christine (Craftling) said...

Pink trees.
Sarita, yer trees are PINK!!
But I love 'em!

Hugs,
Chris xx

Steph said...

Wow, you have been busy since my last visit. I love the simplicity of this, it works SO well. I always love how you tie your ribbons and that sentiment stamp is gorgeous! x