Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Sunny days and dark nights...

I've really been cursing the dark evenings because by the time I get in from work it is too late to take any photos.

Sunday night I made a card, and thought OK, I'll photograph it before I go to work the next day. I set everything up ready including the camera and tripod and went to bed. However, it has been so gloomy and dark in the mornings this week that it just hasn't been possible.

So I thought, that's it, it will have to wait until the weekend.

Well, my hubby was at home in this morning, and unbeknown to me, as everything was set up he took some photos of my card. When I came home he told me that he'd taken them because the sun came out and was streaming through the window.

Now I have learned that, because my craft room has a lovely big window and is normally quite well lit, bright sunshine is not a good idea for photography. Ideally I like an overcast day as long as it is not really dark, and I turn my card away from the window otherwise generally they end up over-exposed.

And then I thought...sunshine and acetate??? probably not a good idea. So I didn't build up my hopes. When I first saw the photos I thought that there was far too much shadow from the sunlight and I wasn't going to put any of them on my blog...but then I looked again and really loved the way the stamped design reflected through the acetate.

If it had been a brighter morning this photo would never have been taken, as I would have taken the photo, not hubby.

I'm so glad he did.

  • Medallion and sentiment stamps by Stampin' Up
  • Jewel by Prima
  • Ink: Midnight blue Stazon

22 comments:

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Sarita,what a beautiful creations.

Hugs Riet.x

Biscuitlid said...

gorgeous card indeed and a fab photo, the blue reflection looks beautiful - well done hubby!

I've just ordered this stamp, got my starter kit today so can get cracking now!

Victoria
x

Nela said...

It's georgeus, so elegant and refined. Love it!

Mandi said...

Absolutely beautiful..the card and the photo!

I have ordered this stamp, I cant wait for it to arrive!

xx

mckinkle said...

What a stunning card! The colour is beautiful and the image very majestic.
Keryn :D

Christine (Craftling) said...

It's a great shot! You'll make a photographer of him yet! lol ;o)

Another cool card, by the way.

Hugs,
Chris xx

sandra said...

I'm glad too!
It really look's fantastic!
Amazing as always!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Merry said...

That is a beautiful creation and the photo is wonderful the way that the image leaves the blue reflection.

Rufus said...

Love the card and the photo, yeah you and yeah hubby! Now I really need to add this stamp to the loooooong list! I've been trying to resist, but not after that card!
R/

Julie said...

This is a beautiful card! Go hubby for taking the pic- what a team!! Julie

Vicky said...

This is beautiful Sarita. Your hubbie has done an amazing job taking this pic!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Fiona said...

Wow what a stunning card, you are clever to stamp such a large image on acetate-very tricky indeed. Great photo too.
Fiona x

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Gorgeous Sarita! What a stunning shade of blue....beautiful photography :)
HUgs Judy xx

angelwhispers Chanelle said...

Wow, your husband really did take a beautiful picture!! Just love the colours xx

Sue C said...

What a gorgeous image Sarita, and well done hubby ! Sue x

Georgia said...

Absolutely stunning Sarita - the centerpiece looks gorgeous and I love the use of acetate! The photo looks fab as well, the sun shining throught the acetate looks great!
Love, Georgia xx

alcoholinky said...

WOW! doesn't that work well. what a stunning photograph too.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Beautiful card Sarita - love the stamp, it really is stunning. Acetate is not the easiest thing to photograph, as you will see from the one on my blog! You must have a much better camera than mine Sarita!!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Jackie said...

Wonderful card and the reflection is super :o)
Jackie xx

Michelle said...

A beautiful card and a beautiful photo Sarita. I think I might need that stamp, and an injection of your idea genes!
x Michelle

Steph said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Sarita, this is beautiful. I love the blue, the stamp, the jewel....!! How lucky you are to have such a thoughtful hubby- he captured it just at the right time! x

Dawn said...

Speechless!!! Again!!!


Hugs
Dawn
xxx