Sunday, 8 November 2009

Christmas in Monochrome...

I saw an article in a card making magazine recently about making your own Christmas card baubles and decided to give it a go.

I punched out some circles and then stamped them with these beautiful stamps from B Line Designs, called "Brocade". And as I have the postive and negative stamps I've used both for my creations.

Here is a close up of the bauble..I have just added some clear gems for a bit of sparkle.

The beautiful large gems are by Imaginisce. I got mine from my local Hobbycraft.

I think these baubles would look really good in other colours and other stamped designs. I will definitely be experimenting with this idea.

These are really simple cards I know...but simple is all I've got at the moment. Time runs away with me again and I can't believe it's Sunday again already.

Well, I'm off on a mission today...I've lost my craft knife...my most used crafting item and it's just disappeared. Actually if I'm really honest, this is the second craft knife I've lost this week!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend...see you soon.

EDIT: Sorry to those of you who have enquired about the sentiments-I don't know who makes them as I threw the wrapper away-doh!! If anyone recognises them I would be very grateful if you can leave me a message so that I can pass the info on.

28 comments:

Christine (Craftling) said...

Oh, my golly! You're doing it to me again! I just swoon over these cards.. So gorgeous and elegant.

You told us everything I need to know (thank you) except where those stunning sentiment stamps come from! They complement your designs beautifully.

Hugs,
Chris xx

alcoholinky said...

ooh lovely Sarita. they make beautiful classy Christmas cards.

joey said...

aww Sarita you really are the master of all things elegant! I adore these. Joey.xxx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow these are absolutely stunning!
hugs
kim x

Lynne said...

Oh Sarita, these cards are gorgeous.
Mmmm might have to borrow that idea.
Thanks for your comments on my blog, hope you are feeling better now.
Love and hugs Lynne xxx

Dawn said...

Hiyaaa!
whowww these are so elegant, sometimes simple is best and in this case it' stunning...

Ahh I knew I'd get inspired when I stopped by!!

hugs
Dawn
xx

Debbie said...

Beautiful, and what a brilliant idea. They look so classy and elegant. I'm going to have a go at this myself I think.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Hugs Debbie xx

Dolly said...

Love these baubles, what a great idea. Will difinitely be giving these a go, fab gems too! Tfs, hope you find that craft knife, I usually lose the scissors! :) xx

mckinkle said...

What fantastic cards! I love the mononchrome also, very stylish!
Keryn :D

Eva Maria Keiser said...

Very elegant!

Michelle said...

Beautiful as always Sarita, fantastic having the positive and negative image! What stamps are the sentiments?
x Michelle

Clare (Littlebear) said...

Sarita, these are stunning and elegant - as are all your creations.
Clare x

Georgia said...

These baubles are gorgeous Sarita, and I love the pattern on them! It all looks so elegant and pretty, I love it! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Fiona said...

These are so striking and elegant Sarita, and your stamping is perfection. Hope you found your craft knife. I have been crafting with niece and nephew today and we've lost the top to the glue!
Fiona x

sandra said...

If you go mad for any reason,and feel like want to get rid of your stamps,keep in mind that you can send them to me!!!lol.
You have the best stamp collection!
(Did I ever sad that?)lol.
I love your card!
So elegant!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Mandi said...

You say simple I say SUPERB! as always

I did ail you earlier hun, not sure if oyu got it?

Have a good week xx

Biscuitlid said...

these are just lovely Sarita, love the monochrome look.

Betcha threw your knife in the bin with your scraps by mistake

Victoria
x

Kaz said...

Those are beautiful and stylish cards yet again!! Love those stamps xx

Karen said...

I don't believe I've seen or made Christmas cards is all B&W, but it really is chic and sophisticated. I suppose that has something to do with its designer....you create with such elegance, Sarita!! Good luck on your craft knife hunt! I must admit, I've lost mine a time or two. And don't even ask how many times Hubby has lost his craft knives............sigh. Here's to hoping yours turns up soon! :>

Jackie said...

Oh these are superb, so classy :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, elegant cards.
luv
Debby

Ann said...

Very Audrey Hepburn, lovely cards so striking.

Ann

Ann said...

Very Audrey Hepburn, very classy.
Ann

Ann said...

sorry I think two post went, I must learn to look for the "approval" before I realise I haven't "not" sent it lol

Sue C said...

Sometimes simple is best, and in this case that is definitely true. These are stunning Sarita, the sentiments really are beautiful too. Sue x

Chrissie said...

Wonderful! Elegance personified!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oh Sarita, these are fab. I would love to borrow the idea from you if that's OK. It would work well with Christmas tree triangles too with a bow at the base. Warm wishes Lesley

Steph said...

Oooh, so elegant! Love the monochrome, love the 2 stamps, love everything!!! :0)