Saturday, 21 November 2009

Black and Gold....

I woke up this morning to find I had won last week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge...what a fab way to start the weekend!

The PBSC challenge for this week is....Winter Wonderland. And here is my entry.

And yep...more acetate! Can't get enough of it at the moment. I was going to do white snowflakes but at the last minute I changed my mind and decided to go for a contemporary black and gold colour scheme.

The Penny Black snowflake is called "Starflake" and the sentiment is also by Penny Black. I just added a few Kars bling gold stars to the centre of each snowflake. The big jewel is by Prima. I think it could have done with a few more snowflakes, but it's too late now as the light has just about gone for today...so please just pretend!

I took these shots...not nearly as aesthetically pleasing as hubby's photo in my last post...mind you the sun hasn't even popped it's head for a second today so I couldn't have got a similar shot today if I'd tried.

Well, I'm off to finish my Christmas cards for family and friends...I have got a right old production line going!

Enjoy your weekend.

22 comments:

gina g said...

Hi Sarita I love this is very elegant, but then so are all your cards. Hope you are well. luv gina xx

Fiona said...

Beautiful work as ever Sarita. Don't think it needs any extra snowflakes at all, less is more etc.
Wonder if you could tell me where I can get Kraft card. I know you use it a lot.
Fiona xx

Kath said...

gorgeous acetate card sarita...love the black snowflakes...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC and hope you have great fun spending your prize....hugs kath xxxxx

angelwhispers Chanelle said...

Love the card Sarita the black and gold look stunning together and the added bling just sets of the snowflakes xx Good Luck with the production line!! lol xx

Gunn said...

Congrats!

This card is stunning!

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
Sarita this is so amazing!
Beautiful card!
hugs
kim x

Sue C said...

Beautiful card Sarita, I think the black snowflakes work wonderfully with the gold. Sue x

tracie said...

Oh wow Sarita this is stunning, love the gorgeous snowflakes..congrats on winning last week. thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC, dont forget to join my blog candy
have a lovely weekend
hugs
Tracie :)x

Christine (Craftling) said...

Gorgeous card again, Sarita, and I am sooo relieved that I already have that snowflake stamp. It means my purse gets a rest this visit, lol! ;o)

Hugs,
Chris xx

Biscuitlid said...

this is beautiful Sarita, I love it

Victoria
x

Pam said...

This is a beautiful card Sarita. Hugs Pam

theneon said...

Sarita! You've done it again with the gold and black -- AWESOME! and Congrats on your PB win! You so deserve it. Thanks for visiting my blog -- I am honored.

Steph said...

Just gorgeous, Sarita. I adore the ribbon and gem you've used and I think the amount of snowflakes are perfect! Congrats on the PB Challenge win! x

Vicky said...

This is just so beautiful Sarita! I love how you use acetate! Fab snowflakes! Hope you managed to finish that production line! Lol!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Susan said...

Beautiful card Sarita, and an amazing blog - very creative.
Love your Maine Coons! We nearly acquired some ourselves but I now have far to many Siamese/Orientals - the house is full up!
Hugs
SuzyX

Dawn said...

Wow Oh Wow this is just stunning!!
Acetate and me just don't get on - It hates me!!!! LOL

Hugs

DAwn

Jackie said...

Great card, so elegant. Love those snowflakes
Jackie

Kim Dellow said...

Such a fabulous card, love the acetate, colours and snowflakes - just fab. Kim

alcoholinky said...

ooh, beautiful, gorgeous acetate card!

Vicki said...

Wow stunning card Sarita!

Hugs
Vicki x

Juls said...

Very stylish!! Love the gems in the centre of the snowflakes! stunning work!!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so elegant.
luv
Debby