Monday, 9 November 2009

Beauty is in the eye...

...of the beholder, and it certainly was when I saw this gorgeous sentiment stamp by Rhonna Farrer from the Autumn Leaves set
" Spring Swirl".

I didn't want it to be one of those stamps that I buy because I really like it, but then it just sit in my craft box unused. So I decided to make an acetate card, using the main sentiment from the set.

I stamped the background in "Peeled Paint" ink by Tim Holtz and then stamped a damask design by Papermania. The squiggly line stamp is by Inkadinkadoo.

However, when it came to stamping the sentiment on to the acetate, there were a lot of naughty words said, as I messed it up 3 times before I finally just about got it right!

On my first attempt I skidded with my ink pad on the acetate. On the second attempt I stamped the sentiment too far to the left so it would have been completely obscured by the ribbon. Then I didn't press down hard enough and it didn't stamp out properly. The end result you see here was my 4th attempt! Even now it's not stamped quite central...but I'm not wasting anymore acetate!!

Finally the nightmare of photographing acetate. By the time I had finished my card last night it was dark, so I photographed it at 7.30am this morning before work! It was very overcast but I think this is better for acetate as there isn't so much glare.

Hope you like anyway, see you again soon.

PS:I found one craft knife by the way, but have lost a large pair of scissors instead!! I give up!

24 comments:

Karen said...

LOL on the scissors going for a walk! But, yay that you found your craft knife! If it makes you feel any better, I regularly loose my ATG....the big red honking thing...on my table.....thankfully, after digging it can be found due to its size, but I SERIOUSLY loose it often!

Your card is beautiful and well worth the extra effort to stamp on the acetate! :>:>

Juls said...

fab-u-lous!! Love the gorgeous DP, the acetate adds that gorgeous touch of elegance and the ribbon is amazing!! stunning creation!

Steph said...

Gorgeous - very luxurious looking. x

Pam said...

Beautiful card. If it makes you feel better I'm always loosing things, they are usuall under a pile of paper!!!

Hugs Pam x

Nela said...

Your beauty is really beautiful! :)

Fiona said...

This card has such opulence! The understated colour is perfect and together with the bow gives it a very expensive designer look.
Fiona x
PS Glad I'm not alone in skidding off acetate.

angelwhispers Chanelle said...

Love the card Sarita the colours are beautiful xx (I always find it quite hard to stamp on acetate!!) Loving the bauble cards as well on the previous post so elegant xx (did you remember where the beautiful sentiment stamps are from??)

Merry said...

I think this card is stunning and so glad you kept going with all the stamping on the acetate.

Biscuitlid said...

very gorgeous hun. I always end up with mishaps stamping on acetate too! You can't tell the stamp isn't central, focus is on the whole thing not placement!

Glad knife turned up, where was it then?

Victoria
x

Chrissie said...

Well done for your persistence with the acetate, it's beautiful. Do you use your mini studio for photographing your cards?

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is stunning Sarita - the greeting stamp is divine - no wonder you couldn't resist buying it!!
I love using acetate, and I agree - it's very difficult to photograph but your card looks perfect.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, makes it all the more special because you triumphed over the difficulties in creating it :o)
Jackie xx

Christine (Craftling) said...

Gorgeous!! So glad you persisted with the acetate, lol! Great colour choice, too.

Hugs,
Chris xx

Eva said...

Gorgeous stamp and wonderful card! And I have to admire your determination... *lol* Those acetate sheets can be a real pain. Well done!

Ewik21 said...

oh I love all of Yours card but this one is sooooooo betutifullllllll and elegatn!! Hugs from Poland Ewa

Cass said...

Beautiful card.Very elegant and classy as are all your gorgeous cards.I had a good browse through your blog.Thanks for leaving a lovely comment on mine.
Cass xxx

alcoholinky said...

ooh isn't that delightful. what lovely colours Sarita

Sue C said...

Beautful card Sarita, acetate is a tricky surface to stamp onto, so well done for persevering....I would have given up ! Sue x

Tara said...

Fabulous Sarita, green is one of my fave colours so this is a winner straight away! Looks gorgeous with the sentiment taking centre stage and that bow is breathtaking!!!
I'm loving all your other recent creations too..... sorry I didn't comment before... time keeps getting the better of me!!
Hugs Tara xx

Michelle said...

Well worth the effort Sarita, it's beautiful. I struggle with acetate but if you have a tissue with white spirit or stayzon cleaner to hand you canwipe mistakes off the acetate and use it again.
x michelle

Bev said...

Absolutley stunnign creation sweetie, I just adore the elegance (as all your creations are!) Had to laugh at the skidding stamp lol - nightmare! x

Georgia said...

Oh wow, absolutely fantastic Sarita! I love the acetate and the lime green colour is gorgeous, I love green on cards. I love everything about it, it's soo pretty! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

This card really does do what it says on the tin. It is a beauty! Warm wishes, Lesley

Steph said...

How beautiful, Sarita! I'm so glad you perserved with the acetate because the results are stunning. I love the ribbon and the stamp is so gorgeous x