Thursday, 8 October 2009

SCS challenge "Mellow whites"

I am having a "me" day today...I have taken the day off work without DH to have some quality crafting time. Now don't get me wrong...I love spending my time off with hubby and our time is usually spent together...but I quite like now and again just being on my own to do whatever I want to do.

So today I've had a hunt around for some challenges...and I've found a fab colour challenge over at Splitcoaststampers called "Mellow Whites" The colours are mellow moss, white and Kraft.

This card actually took me ages to make...not because it's overly complicated or anything but because I could not find a white inkpad that would show up on Kraft card. I didn't want to heat emboss as it wasn't the look I was after...I tried inkpad after inkpad including white Stazon but nothing showed up very well...in the end I found a Colour Box inkpad in white that just about did the job. If anyone knows of any white inkpads that they have had success with on Kraft or dark card I would love to hear what you use!

Well, there is still plenty of time before hubby comes home to do more crafting so I'm off to make the most of it!

  • Floral stamp: Magenta
  • Flowers: Mulberry Street by Prima

19 comments:

Clare (Littlebear) said...

Hi Sarita,
I hope you are enjoying your day. This is card is stunning, the colours are gorgeous. Elzybells Art Stamps have just brought out two white ink pads and one of them is supposed to be good for stamping on Kraft. Here's the link http://www.elzybells.co.uk/search.asp?types=yes&type=Paper+Basics+%3E+Inky%2Ddinks
Clare x

Clare (Littlebear) said...

Hi it's me again. I've got another link to show the Elzybells ink pad actually used on Kraft. I hope this is useful.
http://elzybells.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/08/release-day.html

Tara said...

This is amazing Sarita, I love it! Enjoy your 'me' day girlie..... I know exactly what you mean! And I would love to know about the white ink too ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Juls said...

just gorgeous!!Love the white flowers!!

Sue said...

Hi Sarita, this is gorgeous, very stylish looking. I was also going to suggest Elzybells to you but Clare beat me to it. Sue.x

Sue C said...

I think it's great to have a little 'me' time every now and again, especially when it's to craft ! Lovely card again Sarita. Really elegant. Sue x

Kaz said...

That's such a soft and gentle card. I know what you mean about white inkpads, so disappointing.

Crafty Barb said...

Beautiful card, love the colours.

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card. I must confess I would never have thought of stamping white onto anything other than a dark colour, but it shows up superbly :o)
Jackie xx

Vicky said...

Fab card Sarita. I love using craft at the moment too. I was going to tell you to look over at Elzybells website too but looks like Clare beat me to it!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Christine (Craftling) said...

Beautiful!

alcoholinky said...

ooh, i have the occasional day like that too - without husband and child. it's a real battery charger.
gorgeous card Sarita, love the curly petals on the flowers.

Fiona said...

Hi Sarita,
Like the colour combo,it works well and those flowers are divine. Another lovely card. Hope you enjoyed your day off- just finished work myself and now have 10 days off. Hurrah!
Fiona x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Sarita
Love the soft colours - this is so beautiful.Fabulous flowers too. Re. white inkpads - I use the Staz-on, but didn't have much success the first few times as the ink pad dries out very quickly. So now I "slather" (technical crafting term!)the white ink onto the pad just before using it and this seems to work. I use it quite a lot on acetate too, and that's the only way I can get a really white image. Hope you enjoyed your "me" day!
Love, Sylvia xx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow this is so beautifully amazing!
hugs
kim x

Georgia said...

WOW, this is stunning Sarita! I love love love this colour scheme and the stamping is sooo pretty! HOpe you've enjoyed your 'me' day and you can do lots more relaxing over the weekend, lol! :)
Love, Georgia xx

gina g said...

Hi Sarita. Beautiful card very classy, hope you enjoyed your me time. luv gina xx

Marimer said...

Preciosos trabajos de Navidad, super elegantes y finos, me encantan. Besitos.

Steph said...

Just beautiful, Sarita. The colours are so soothing. I was going to suggest the white ink pad from Elzybells but I see Clare beat me to it! I can't personally recommend it but I think Elizabeth deliberately stocks it to go on kraft. HOpe you enjoyed your day x