Saturday, 31 October 2009

The challenge that nearly was...

Hi again folks...seems such a long time ago since my last post...I've had such a busy week at work, and I've been on a training course as well...I've had very little time to get in my craft room. So so glad Saturday has finally arrived.

I have been very naughty recently and bought heaps of SU stuff from the new catalogue...this beautiful medallion stamp was first on the list...

I was going to enter this for this week's SCS Colour Challenge...the colours are Cameo Coral, black and Kraft...I made the card and was about to post it on their website....when I realised I'd forgotton the Kraft!! deffo my age I think...but as I've admitted before I don't do challenges very well as I get so engrossed in what I'm doing I completely forget what the challenge was in the first place...well that's my excuse anyway :)

The beauty of this stamp is there is very little you need to add...in this case just a Prima jewel in the centre and a bit of ribbon. I think this stamp works really well as both a statement piece and as a subtle background stamp....I just know I will use it a lot.

Well, it's back to X Factor tonight...what happened with Danyl last week!! How could he have ended up in the bottom two?? Ooh I get so emotionally involved with it all lol.

If you hear some mad woman screaming this weekend it isn't because it's halloween...it will be me coz the twins got voted in again!

15 comments:

gina g said...

Hi Sarita Gorgeous card love the stamp and the colour is gorgeous. I'm with you on the X factor, how can that pair of Wally's still be in it. luv gina xx

sandra said...

Sorry you didn't entered your card on challenge!
Card is great!
And no wonder you bought this stamp-its amazing!

Happy HALLOWEEN!!!
HUGS!
SANDRA!

Juls said...

just gorgeous!! Love the really bold look! and the font of your sentiment!

Julie Allain said...

WOW Didn't I say that this was the stamp for you... an absolutely stunning card Sarita xx

Karen said...

I fell in love with that stamp as soon as I saw it in the catty....unfortunately, it is not part of my collection yet. So, I'll live vicariously through you. :> Actually, you will probably offer lots of inspiration as this stamp is SOO you!! You definitely make it dazzle and shine. :> Happy Halloween!

Fiona said...

Stunning Sarita, don't worry I write a list of the challenge requirements so I don't forget stuff! Like you say it's an age thing. Love that sentiment stamp too.
Fiona x

Vicky said...

Fab card Sarita. This medallion stamp is great isn't it?! We used it today at a SU party my mum had at her house! We stamped it white onto Kraft card and it looked gorgeous!
Hope you're having a great weekend!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

sassy said...

hiya i adore your style of pure elegance...so pretty and just so wonderful to view...love coming for a fav treat..and end up drooling as always hugs sassyx

alcoholinky said...

wow! stunning stamp and stunning colour scheme.

Kaz said...

I think we can forgive your absence if you make such a lovely card! Gorgeous colours and the stamp is so you xx

Chrissie said...

Stunning... as always. You have such a wonderful individual style.. incomparable!
Love it!
Chrissie

Jackie said...

What a superb card, very classy :o)
Jackie xx

Tara said...

This is stunning..... simple elegance from you Sarita which is what i look forward to every time I visit!
The twins were horrendous again last night, weren't they?! Jamie to win!!
Hugs Tara xx

Steph said...

Stunning! Really loving the elegant sentiment too!!
I think it's hilarious that the twins are getting thro each week purely for the fact that it winds Simon up and his face always looks so funny!!

Dawn said...

So so elegant again Sarita, your style Rocks!!!


Dawn
xx