Thursday, 15 October 2009

Each day brings it's own joy...

...and it's nearly the end of the week...yet again I have a few days off work...must seem that I get a lot of holiday but you see I don't take very much time off during the summer months...so I end up with quite a lot to take in the latter part of the year. I really don't mind as I love the autumn, and the build up to Christmas as well.

So today, in between shopping, tidying the house and having my hair done, I've managed to complete a card and photograph it, all in one day! Not bad eh?

Here is a close up of the fab sentiment and frame by Hero Arts.

And here is a close up of the bird cage by Craftwork Cards. The ivy stamp is by Flower Soft...it came with the lamp post set...a very versatile little stamp that I've never used before...but I can definitely see me using this again and again.

I have to say that, yet again, I have not been happy with my last few creations...I've certainly been lacking in the inspiration department...but I got my distress inks out today for the first time in ages and had a little play and really got back into the swing of things. I think it is mainly because I often feel so rushed...I get so little free time that I don't have the luxury to just sit and play...I gotta get this work life balance thing sorted out lol.

I used Tim Holtz distress ink in "Weathered Wood", and Adirondack ink in "Stream" to create the background.

Well, I've got another lie in tomorrow, followed by a bit of decorating... and of course I shall sneak into my craft room when hubby isn't looking lol...

See you again soon!

20 comments:

Jackie said...

A beautiful card, I love the delicate colours and as always you background is lovely :o)
Jackie xx

Tara said...

I know what you mean Sarita about always being rushed!!! You make the most of your days off hun, it's a lovely time of the year and I think we're in for a nice weekend weather wise ;o)
Your card is wonderful and the birdcage stamp is divine..... you have me wondering about this lampost stamp now so do hurry up and get creative with it, lol!
Hugs Tara xx

Georgia said...

This is breathtaking Sarita, it all looks absolutely stunning! I absolutely love the bird cage and the trailing flowers look beautiful! :)
Love, Georgia xx

helen ... said...

it 's a original card, this card shows a lot of pace and kindly emotions.
hugs
helen

Kaz said...

That's a beautiful card Sarita, I hope you spend longer in the craft room than decorating!! xx

Fiona said...

Oh Sarita, this is so beautiful. Perfect colours, they are spot-on for such pretty images.
Enjoy your days off and the decorating- I've just about finished mine now.
Fiona x

Juls said...

just beautiful, love the image and the gorgeous soft colours! and love how yu have used your vine stamp all around the card! love it!!

alcoholinky said...

Gorgeous card Sarita. Love the flower that you used at the top. you've combined the stamps so well.

Biscuitlid said...

Sarita this is just lovely and the sentiment is just what I needed to read tonight, made me smile it has (())

Victoria
x

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
So very fabulous!
Gorgeous colour and beautiful detail!
hugs
kim x

Sue C said...

Really beautiful card Sarita. I'm with you entirely about having no time to play. Enjoy your time off. Sue x

Zinnia said...

Sarita, I love all of your creations. You have such an airy, light, and beautiful way about your creations. It is always a joy to stop in and see what you are making. I would imagine that this time of year would be full of some wonderful inspiration, but oh, it is so hard to set aside time! You'll do it! I know you will. Hide the clocks! oxoxoxo Zinnia

Clare (Littlebear) said...

Another beautiful card Sarita, the stamps are gorgeous and the layout is perfect.
I know what you mean about rushing, I feel I am churning out cards sometimes and not being creative - whereas being creative is what I enjoy - especially when it involves distress inks!
Enjoy your well earned time off.
Clare x

sandra said...

Stunning!!!
I would frame that and put it on the wall!
Fantastic work!
Love all about it!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Lynne said...

Oh! Sarita if this is you lacking inspiration, I can`t wait `til you`re on form girl. All your cards are wonderful. I only wish I had half your talent...
Love Lynne xxx

Julie said...

A beautiful card Sarita, you've combined all the elements perfectly and I love the soft look.

Steph said...

You've done it again, Sarita! I don't know how you can say you're lacking in inspiration!!!! The colours, the layout, your choice of stamps are just beautiful as always. The whole card matches the sentiment so well, it's such a restful looking card x

Michelle said...

Hi Sarita
I keep thinking that there must come an end to your creative skill but you keep wowing me time and again with your fantastic cards, This is just beautiful. I have a couple of really nice cage stamps and been at a loss on how to use them and you've just provided the perfect inspiration.
x Michelle

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Beautiful card Sarita. Love the delicate, dreamy colours and the wonderful detail. Fabulous!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Dawn said...

Stunningly gorgeous and has a really dreamy feel to it, that ivy stamp is a winner!!

hugs
Dawn
xx