Sunday, 13 September 2009

Queen Anne's Lace...

...that's the name of the stamp I've used by Penny Black to create this l'il collection...

As you can see all 3 cards are variation on a theme....I used some SU patterned paper that I bought a long time ago. The plain cardstock is the recycled card by K&CO-I mentioned this cardstock in one of my earlier posts...I can't rate it highly enough...this cardstock is really good quality and quite unusual in that there are so many different hues of each colour in each pack.

Now if I use ribbon on my card I normally just tie a bow...but I thought it was about time I tried to do something a bit different, so I folded my ribbon instead. I took 3 strips of ribbon, folded it and then put a tiny stitch through the middle to hold in place. I then just threaded it through the buckle slider and added a gem to cover the stitch.


The card below is the one I will be entering into the Penny Black Saturday challenge.



This week there is a sketch to follow...here it is...

Now it is very unusual for me to enter any challenge...least of all a sketch challenge....I find it difficult to enter challenges due to time constraints because of work....but when I have attempted a sketch challenge before I start off with good intentions....but half way through I realise I've wandered off and done my own sweet thing and invariably it ends up bearing no resemblance to the original sketch!



So with this sketch I told myself I had to stick with the plan and am pleased that I did as I really enjoyed working with it. The only thing I've left out are the flowers as I felt with a ribbon and a buckle it may have looked a bit overdone, but I hope I can be forgiven for this slight deviation lol.


I have to say I'm disappointed with these photos...the cards look so much better IRL...but it is really overcast here today...I may have another go if it brightens up later.

Well, I'm off to go and enter my card into the challenge...see you again soon peeps.

21 comments:

alcoholinky said...

lovely set of cards Sarita - mellow autumnal colours. the effect with the ribbon is very good. (I'll have to remember that one!)

Dolly said...

These are just beautifully elegant...Love what you did with the ribbon. :)xx

sandra said...

This is fantastic!
I love natural colors you used.
And gem is perfect detail!
Well done!
Hugs!
Sandra!

tracie said...

Oh wow these are gorgeous Surita, love this beautiful image and fabulous buckle on the ribbon..stunning !! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC..enjoy the rest of the weekend
hugs
Tracie :)x

Steph said...

Beautiful, Sarita. I love the soft muted colours- you've captured the natural essence really well x

Beth said...

These are so gorgeous! I love the arthy colour scheme and the stamp is beautiful! I love how you make a little set with each of your stamps! Thanks for joining in with the PB challenge! I hope you're having a lovely sunday!

Beth xx

Juls said...

such a gorgeous image and I love the natural colour tones!

Jackie said...

What a superb set and the colour is brilliant. I ummed and ahhhed when I saw this stamp last week in a craft shop, wish I had bought it now! :o)
Jackie xx

Kath said...

beautiful cards sarita...love the colour combo and that gorgeous image...truly elegant......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Sarita this is all so stunning!
Love your amazing bow!
hugs
kim x

Sue C said...

I love this set of cards Sarita. I've been fiddling with ribbon too trying to get away from my usual knot or bow. I'll give this a try ! Sue C x

Fiona said...

Another elegant collection-just fabulous! I want that stamp-it's sooo lovely.
Fiona x

Biscuitlid said...

get you entering a challenge! these are beautiful as always hun.

Love the ribbon and bow method, use that on my wedding stationery, primarily because I am the worlds worst at tying 'real' bows (imagine my horror at having to tie 500 of the blummin 'real' things for my last order)!

Love the K&co, I have the alphas and the stamps from recycled - must try these though

Victoria
x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Understated elegance Sarita - all the cards are beautiful and I love the soft shades. Must check out the recycled card - it sounds great. Good luck in the challenge.
Love, Sylvia xx

gina g said...

Hi Sarita These are amazing and you have such a perfect eye for detail. luv gina xx

Kaz said...

Fab set of cards, I love the stamp and what you've done with the ribbon.

Pauline C said...

Wow Sarita these are wonderful - soooo stylish! Love your classy coloru scheme and that fabulous stamped image. Great work! Thanks for joining in t his week's PBSC
Pauline x

Rufus said...

Really pretty, understated and elegant set of cards! Like them lots

Christine (Craftling) said...

Gorgeous, as always, and love what you've done with the ribbon! Thank you for explaining how that works. Not only a brilliant crafter, but a generous one as well.

Hugs,
Chris xx

Julie said...

These are just so elegant, love the ribbon treatment.

L'Hélène said...

Those are really gorgeous.