Thursday, 24 September 2009

A little bit of houndstooth..

Hero Arts have brought out some fab background stamps recently...here is a card I made using their new houndstooth stamp...

I deliberately didn't press down too hard when I stamped to give the houndstooth a more more weathered look...OK it wasn't deliberate at first lol, but I quite like the fact that I didn't stamp it perfectly.

I made the handbag as I liked creating these rosettes so much, and wondered if they would work on something other than a card. I think it works..

The only problem I have with the rosettes is that I only have a MS scalloped punch but this has holes in the design and my rosettes look a bit moth eaten! So I have ordered a plain scallop Fiskars punch which I hope will work much better, so yep more rosettes creations to follow in due course!

I really really love houndstooth design and I know this new stamp is gonna get a lot of use.

Well, I have had another really busy week at work, apologies if I didn't get round to seeing you all last weekend but time just ran out! Fingers crossed I will catch up this weekend.

16 comments:

Georgia said...

Wow Sarita, these are stunning!!! The stamp is so effective and it looks really chic and elegant. I love the rosettes too, so pretty! :)
Love, Georgia xx

angelwhispers Chanelle said...

Love the background stamp, looks really good with the rosette and the bag is fab love the colours xx

Rufus said...

It's doesn't look at all "moth eaten"! It's lovely. As is the card and the new background stamp, can see lots of uses for that one.
R/

Tab said...

Wowee, what a super delish colour combo, love it! Love the flowers that you have made too, I have got to have a go at those! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs Tab xxx

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!!!!
Sarita these are totally stunning!
hugs
kim x

Fiona said...

Hi Sarita,
Your latest creations are delish! Houndstooth is really 'in' at the moment I believe. Your rosettes look pretty good to me, not at all moth eaten.
Fiona x

gina g said...

Hi Sarita These are just gorgeous i love houndstooth too, i used to have a lovely suit.. god that's going back some years lol, back to your works of art, i love the bag and the big bow and its a gorgeous colour too. luv gina xx

Oh yer I found my paper pad lol. xx

Bree said...

i have a thing for houndstooth, and those medallions are the boms

Michelle said...

tres chic Sarita, so very posh!! :)
x Michelle

Jackie said...

Beautiful, so chic. The rosette works very well on both card and bag :o)
Jackie xx

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Sarita, hope you're having a good week hunny, i am absolutely loving these cards and projects, those flowers are fab, i looked at the tutorial but havn't had chance to have a go yet, wil do that later! hugs Linda x

Clare (Littlebear) said...

More gorgeous creations. I love your rosettes.
Clare x

sandra said...

You are so in to this flowers!!!
Nice and simple!
Great work!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Julie said...

These are so elegant, very beautiful

Sue said...

What a stunning set. Love the rosette.

Crafty Barb said...

All your cards have a lovely crisp and fresh look. I love them all.