Saturday, 26 September 2009

Going back to my roots...

You know I don't think I've ever mentioned in my blog how I got into crafting....making this card reminded me of my crafting roots...

I saw an article in a magazine...it must be a least 6 years ago now...I think it was in an interior design magazine. In it was an article about stamping on to brown paper to make your own giftwrap. I was so taken with the idea that I made all my own Christmas paper that year, and even now I still do from time time as I really love the look.

The rest, as they say, is history. Of course we now have Kraft card...but the effect is very similar.

This card was randomly stamped in lime green and black...I think the stamp is by Hobby Art but I can't be sure as I went through a phase of microwaving all my wooden block stamps to remove the stamp from the wood, and of course now I can't remember who designed the stamp! This was way before I had a blog and didn't know that one day I might need this information lol.

Well I gotta dash...I've got Strictly AND X Factor to watch...they're the only two programmes I watch all year lol...so I'm going to settle in with a glass of something nice and some Thornton's chocolates...

See you again soon peeps!

16 comments:

Marcea said...

Hi there hun, such a lovely card and nice memories of how the crafty bug bit you! I am off to watch x factor too - enjoy your sat night treat!
-x-

Biscuitlid said...

ooh this is a bit lovely Sarita.

Liking the simplicity of it all.

Enjoy Stritckly come choccies n wine!

Victoria
x

Michelle said...

You keep on rolling out these perfect cards Sarita, awe inspiring! You seem to know just how to make the colours work for you. A great gift!
x Michelle

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good evening Sarita, wow hunny another stunning card, i love that image and the colours you've chosen here, very sophisitcated! hope your having a good weekend, hugs Linda x

Fiona said...

Another gorgeous creation. Love the colours you have chosen-very fresh. The stamp's great too.
What do you think of Alesha ? Haven't seen Strictly this year yet- have been at work.
Fiona x

Tara said...

This is a wonderful card Sarita - the stamping and the way you've put everything together is just divine!
I've just watched X-Factor (wasn't the last lady amazing?) and now I'm off for a Ricky Whittle fest on Strictly which I recorded from earlier, lol!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
What a stunner of a card Sarita totally fabulous!
Enjoy the telly!
hugs
kim x

Karen said...

Gorjus, gorjus, gorjus. I love the simplicity of this card Sarita.

Hope you enjoyed your chocci's n wine n strictly.

Love Karen x

angelwhispers Chanelle said...

Love the card Sarita, as always it looks so elegant love the colours with the brown background xx Hope you enjoyed strickly last night!! not allowed it in our house lol xx

Jules said...

Hi Sarita

I love the look of this - really stunning.

Hope you enjoyed your evening!!

Love Jules xx

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Stunning Sarita! Love the stamping onto Kraft..fabulous!! Lovely fall colours!

Clare (Littlebear) said...

This is so beautiful. A gorgeous stamp which looks fab on the Kraft.
Clare x

Steph said...

Gorgeous card - I love the colours, very classy. x

Sue said...

Great colour combo, works really well.

Christine (Craftling) said...

Oh, now.. this is gorgeous.. Love the stamping, and always enjoy seeing kraft card, for some reason. It looks fab!

Hugs,
Chris xx

Crafty Barb said...

This is a very nice effect and the card is beautiful.