Monday, 14 September 2009

Another challenge!

I know...not only 2 posts in less than 48 hours, but 2 challenges as well!

I recently bought some Stampin Up card and have been stroking it for far to long lol so I thought I would enter into the Splitcoast Stampers Tuesday Colour Challenge. The colour combination is elegant eggplant, old olive and basic black.

Now when I first saw the colour challenge I was bit sceptical as to whether these colours would work....I was OK with eggplant and olive, but with black?


But as soon as I started to put the colours together I could see how well they worked.


I've used another stamp by Inkadinkadoo and I've used my folded ribbon technique as in my last post, but this time just looped my ribbon around the middle.

I'm enjoying doing these challenges...you see I have a few days off work...and the weather is awful here at the moment so what better way to pass the time!

15 comments:

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Love it sarita1 What a stunning colour combo! I love your ribbon..going to go check out your last post to get all the details! Stunning !!
Hugs Judy xx

Kim Piggott said...

Wow stunning card that colour combo is fantastic!
hugs
kim x

Clare (Littlebear) said...

This card is stunning Sarita. The colours are great and I love the image and sentiment. Very elegant!
Clare xx

Jackie said...

Superb card and colour scheme, love the layout :o)
Jackie xx

Steph said...

Super gorgeous, well done x

joey said...

Hi Sarita

this is gorgeous, I adore this colour combo, the layout and the way you have done your ribbon is fantastic.

Joey.xxx

Juls said...

stunning!! Love the image!! such a stylish and elegant card!!

Karen said...

STUNNING !!! Love the colours.

Set below is STUNNING TOO !!!

Love Karen x

gina g said...

Hi Sarita this is beautiful i love the colours, gorgeous. luv gina xx

alcoholinky said...

coo, fantabulous colour combo Sarita. like those lots!

Tara said...

Thanks for your well wishes Sarita, certainly done the trick! It was really kind of you to stop by and leave me a message ;o)
I love the stunning card - so pretty individual as always!
Hugs Tara xx

Biscuitlid said...

another fabulous set Sarita, the colours do work surprisingly well or maybe it's just the way you've done 'em!

Love those inkadinkadoos, wish I had every set

Victoria
x

Fiona said...

Sublime, Sarita. I want that stamp too! Those colours work so well together. Elegant and understated as always.
Fiona x

Karen said...

Stunning, Sarita!! Those three colors really do go well together....well, you MAKE them go well together for an extremely elegant chic creation! I am loving the folded bows! :>

Steph said...

oooh! love that colour combination! It's wierd how it can surprise you like that, isn't it? Love that stamp- really elegant.