Sunday, 16 August 2009

My Christmas grunge collection...

Apologies for being MIA for the last couple of weeks....have been back to Ikea (yet more trauma but that's a whole other post lol) and have spent most of my spare time continuing to build the new craft room....this is the first opportunity I've had to put it to good use since putting it all together..trouble now is I've got so much more room, I spend more time arranging my craft stash (and then re-arranging it lol) than I do crafting!

So, I thought I had better get on with it, and this is the result.
First, I did my usual...I stamped my background and then got some embellishments together to see what ideas I could come up with...at this stage I'm still not sure exactly what I'm going to use, or going to create for that matter...


Here's how I created my background:

Step 1.

Stamp the Tim Holtz stamp (as shown in my post of 22/07/09) in Adirondack ink in "Slate"


Step 2.

Stamp Stempelglede grunge corner in Tim Holtz distress ink in "Aged Mahogany"


Step 3.

Stamp holly stamp in black ink over the design.

Then I cut out some holly branches using the Penny Black stamp I used in my post of 25/07/09, and made a box with my stamped background. Check out the sweet little pine cones-I got them from my local garden centre! I never pass up on an opportunity to add to my craft stash lol.

Because the background had quite a grungy feel to it, I wanted an image that would fit with my theme...and then I remembered I had this little image...I have most of the Stampotique girlies but this one has to be my favourite..she just looks so mischievious!

I had been looking to use this sentiment stamp for quite a while but had never really made anything that quite fitted it, but I think she is perfect for it!

Well, I've got loads of catching up to do....I have had so little time to get on the computer and come and see you...but things are returning to normal so I will be coming to nosey round your blogs very soon!

  • Stamps: Tim Holtz, Penny Black Holly Branch, Stempelglede grunge collection
  • Image: Stampotique (from http://www.thestampattic.co.uk/)
  • Sentiments: Unknown (if anyone recognises them can they please let me know as I'm bound to be asked!!)
  • Roses: Hobbycraft
  • Ink: Adirondack in Slate and Tim Holtz distress ink in Aged Mahogany

48 comments:

Biscuitlid said...

Wow Sarita this is amazing, only you could make that stamped girlie image look less grungy / manga and more elegant!

Victoria
x

Marcea said...

wow, this is amazing sweetie - sorry I haven't been around for ages, so busy!!!! Hope you are having a lovely weekend
-x-

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is absolutely amazing Sarita - If I had made that box I would never want to give it away!!! Love love love it!
Sylvia x

Aina said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! Love the colours and the details :O)

Christine (Craftling) said...

Once again, I am completely cornswaggled... Can't find the words (hence making up my own! lol).. "Stunning" just isn't an adequate adjective.

Love, love, LOVE both the box and the card!

Hugs to you,
Chris xx

Alexandra said...

Hi Sarita,
it´s a wonderful Set!

hugs
alexandra

Dawn said...

Absolutely jaw droppingly gorgeous and so different, I have a few rub ons with the same senitment and always struggle to use them too.

Hugs
Dawn
x

Jackie said...

Superb as ever Sarita, good to see you back :o)
Jackie xx

Georgia said...

Hi Sarita,
This is so gorgeous! I LOVE the background you've created and the image is perfect, she's so cute!
The box is beautiful, the rose and the leaves are so pretty! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Steph said...

Really beautiful, well done x

Jenni said...

Gorgeous, I love this. The girl image is fab and the background is perfect for her!
Jenni x

Kim Piggott said...

Wow,wow,wow,Sarita these are totally amazingly wonderful!
Stunning work!
hugs
kim x

Karen said...

Gorjus, gorjus, gorjus !

Love Karen x

Chrissie said...

I know yu've told us HOW to do it, but I think that only YOU could do it SO beautifully! I just love everything you create. Absolutely stunning!
Elegance personified!
Chrissie

iluvmybugs said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!

Terry

alcoholinky said...

stunning creation Sarita - must have taken some very careful cutting out round that holly stamp.

Patticake's World said...

I adore your card! Fantastic!

Aline Fonseca said...

Very beautiful!!!
Congratulations!

Clare (Littlebear) said...

These are stunning Sarita!
Clare x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Sarita you are on top form as always hunny. I love the card and box, absolutely stunning work, i love all that great detail. Thank you for sharing, hugs Linda x

sandra said...

First thing that I ever saw a handmade card was on Inspirational 30.January 2009.and it was you work there.That moment I knew I wan to do that.And that is where my story began.
I think that all your work is master piece.
Thank you Sarita!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card and box Sarita,i love the papers and colours.
So gorgeous details.

Hugs Riet.x

fiona said...

What fab backgrounds you have created-truly stunning. Have missed your blog, glad you are back.
Fiona x

Sue C said...

This is gorgeous Sarita ! The colours and the images are delicious. Sue x

Vicki said...

Beautiful card Sarita and your box is stunning, so pretty!

hugs
Vicki x

Jules said...

Hi Sarita

How fantastic are these.

You make the most wonderful things.

Love Jules xx

Gunn said...

Hi Sarita!

Thats is a beautiful box and card!

I hope I will be able to make something like that one day.

Gunn

Faerielore said...

WOW this is soooooo stunning. i love everything about it xxx

Emma said...

WOW i love your card :)

Dolly said...

Absolutely beautiful Sarita, love the colours and the stamped image just goes sooo well! Love it!
:)x

Katarina said...

what a fab card! thanks for sharing

gina g said...

Absolutely beautiful Sarita love the image she is so cute, you are so clever. luv gina xx

L'Hélène said...

Love this! Very unusual Christmas crafts!

All Pink girl said...

stunning card ,fabulous colours ,love it
hugs Dawnxxx

joey said...

Hi Sarita

ooooooooh this is just like the most amazing looking gift! I adore your style, the paper is stunning!

Joey.xxx

Karen said...

You definitely got your grunge on! And what's amazing, Sarita, is that even all grunged out, your creations are still exceptionally beautiful! Hope you are at least having fun arranging and rearranging! :>:>

Julie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love, love your box and the card is fabby too.

Eiglas said...

Lovely project!
Am following.....!
Eiglas
x

Chris said...

Fabulous Sarita, I just love the box and the grungy stamping, it's so very pretty as well as grungy. I would have a very hard time opening a box this gorgeous, it's too beautiful to disturb :). Fantastic card and I love the image too. Hugs, Chris x

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

wow this is gorgeous! She's my fave Stampotique girlie too :)

Kate T said...

absolutely stunning !

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Sarita
I absolutely love your blog (have already left a comment on this project)!! This is just a note to let you know there is something for you over at mine ....!!
Sylvia xx

Dawn said...

Hiyaaaa

I hope you got my E-mails Sarita - can't wait to have a wee play this weekend

thanks soooo much for that special candy!

Have a great weekend

Hugs
Dawn
xx

Marimer said...

Enhorabuena Sarita por el premio Candy y de paso es la primera vez que entro en tu blog y ME ENCANTAAAA!!!. Este tutorial que tienes como primera entrada del blog, es fantástico, de una gran creatividad, gracias por esta lección. Saludos desde Tenerife.

Reyes "El telar de mi abuela". said...

Qué MARAVILLAS!!!!!!
Un abrazo desde Tenerife.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

WOW! That background is amazing. Nicer than any bought paper. Your style is astoundingly gorgeous! WOWza!!! :o)

Eva said...

Gorgeous! I'm amazed of how easily you create your own backgrounds, I could never make it look that good. Love the style! And that girl stamp is fantastic! Never seen her before...

Thank you so much for becoming a follower of my blog!! :) I've noticed a lot of blog candy recently requiring that you follow the blog, and I'm starting to see their point. I feel the love. ;)

Looking forward to coming back here soon for more deliciousness. :)

Sue said...

This is stunning, Sarita. Someone will be very lucky to receive this.