Monday, 31 August 2009

Lace and Tassels...

Hi again peeps...hope the sun is shining wherever you are...it is warm here, but very windy so can't exactly sit outside very much...but hey ho there is always stuff to do indoors...like crafting lol.
Here is a card made using some black lace I bought a while ago, but didn't know quite what to do with it..

The 12"x12"cardstock I've used is by K&Co..it is recycled and each pad comes in co-ordinating colours, and each sheet is a reversable with another toning colour...I highly recommend it as the colours really are lovely.

To make this card a bit different I shortened the front of the card, so that the inside of the card kinda becomes the outside...

The little faux photo turns are stamps by Delish...the kind of stamp I like but have to think about how to use.

The tassels are by Provo Craft...they are really silky. I had a lot of trouble getting hold of them and eventually tracked them down at a craft show several years ago...I bought loads of them in different colours...I think the sales assistant thought I was bit mad buying so many...but I'm a bit like that..if I know something is going to be difficult to get hold of and I find what I'm looking for, I buy shed loads to make sure I never run out lol.

Well, I will be shortly be starting the usual chores of getting ready for work tomorrow...see you again soon!

18 comments:

Beth said...

Ooh, I love this! The Goth stamp is so fab and I love the lace! This style of card is so unusual but looks great!

Beth xx

katy said...

Love it Sarita, image looks really dimensional the way you've coloured her...what a fab character ! x

sassy said...

wow this is stunning love the lace well i would ..love using it..gorgeous colour just stamped image is fabulous such perfection hugs sassy

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous card Sarita - the black lace is perfect with the lilac. Love the image, the colours and the tassels. Brilliant!!
Hugs, Sylvia x

sandra said...

I love this stamp.(I was hoping to get that one in your candy)lol.
Great black accent.
Again great work!
Hugs!
Sandra!

joey said...

Hi Sarita,

I love the style of this card, the touches of purple and the layout with the flap is gorgeous. Hope your chores don take up too much of your crafting time :O) I am ignoring mine lol

Joey.xxx

angelwhispers Chanelle said...

just love this card!! the image looks fab!! xx

Christine (Craftling) said...

Love the lace, love the stamp, love what you've done with it! Cool.

Hugs,
Chris xx

Crafty Katy said...

Lovely.

Jane said...

This is gorgeous! Love the image

Georgia said...

Oooh wow, this is such a beautiful card Sarita! I love these colours together and the tassels look fab. I never thought of using them on a card before. Gorgeous colouring too! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Biscuitlid said...

Squeals back at you every time I visit your blog!

Love the way you've made the inside the outside and the tassle is tres strokeable, bet you anything you like you kept stroking it as you made the card. You did didn't you!

Victoria
x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sarita,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Oh Sarita, i so love my visits to your blog, your work is always so inspirational and so different. I love this card what a great image and that lace detail is fabulous. I hope you've had a good bank holiday weekend, can't believe its september already can you? have a good day hunny, hugs Linda x

Faerielore said...

Such a FAB card love these images and the lace is gorgeous xxx

Georgia said...

Hi Sarita,
It's Georgia again! Just to let you know that there's a little something on my blog for you... :)
Love, Georgia xx

Dawn said...

Wow Sarita how gorgeous is this - love the colouring of the stamp and the tassels are indeed beautiful


Hugs
Dawn
x

Julie said...

These are glorious. Your style is so unique - wonderful!