Saturday, 25 July 2009

My bigz snowflake!

I recently bought a Sizzix Bigz snowflake...I was going to create a few hanging decorations for my Christmas tree with it (well, the Christmas stuff will be in the shops soon!)...but, by accident, it turned into a card.


I firstly sprayed it with Glimmer mist in "Black Gold", which is apparently a limited edition colour!

I also added glimmer mist in "Hydrangea" which gave my snowflake added a blue hue. There was no particular technique to spraying...it just turned out this way but I really like the mottled effect of the glimmer mists.

So I added a bit of ribbon and was going to photograph it as is...when I happened to lay it down on top of another background I had created for another project. And that's how it turned into a card! I used the Penny Black stamp above to create my background.

It really was very easy to create...in the words of the Meerkat TV advert "Simples!!"

Well, I'm off to have a good old blog hop and catch up with you all...have a great weekend!

  • Background Stamp: Penny Black "Winter Bough"
  • Sizzix Bigz snowflake, Hanging 3-D # 2
  • Glimmermists: Black Gold and Hydrangea
  • Sentiments: Unknown (I threw the wrapper away!)
  • Tim Holtz ink in Weathered Wood

12 comments:

alcoholinky said...

lovely card Sarita- makes a change from the usual christmas stuff!

Jules said...

Hi Sarita

What a beautiful creation.

I can see the limited edition of "Black Gold" is going to be even more limited once everyone sees your creation!

I thought I was good doing the occasional Christmas card but to be doing tree decorations .. .. .. well you are really well ahead of the game.

Have a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx

Jackie said...

That is a snowflake and a ha;f Sarita, brilliant card :o)
Jackie xx

Georgia said...

Ooh, this is really gorgeous Sarita! I LOVE the big snowflake, I bet they'd look lovely on your Christmas tree!
The stamping is really pretty too! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Enfys said...

Stunning card Sarita, I love huge bold statements on cards...
Have a great weekend
hugs
En x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh my this is just amazing!
hugs
kim x

Emma said...

This is breathtaking Sarita - so sophisticated and elegant :D

Riet said...

Ohhhh Sarita,what a BEAUTIFUL card,i love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Sue C said...

What a gorgeous card Sarita, I love the colours and the snowflake is amazing. I've left you a present on my blog :-)Sue C

Chris said...

Hi Sarita, I love your card that was almost a tree dec :D, someone is going to appreciate it so much! The big die cut is superb, a real statement and the glimmer mist looks beautiful. Gorgeous background with the PB stamp too. Hope you're having a good weekend. Hugs, Chris xx

Karen said...

Wow, Sarita, WOW! That snowflake came out GooooRRRgeous!!! And I love it on the card with a background a la You and I can definitely see it as a decoration as well. Beautiful! I've been blog hopping Christmas in July blogs today, so this seems to be a perfect addition to my stops...so glad I did! :>

Dawn said...

Wowee - speechless!!