Thursday, 16 July 2009

Moments...

I remembered my second assignment on Colour Create was to create a card using peach and aqua...I really liked the colour combination, and knew I would use it again. So I selected a few items and stamped a few designs to get me going...

First I created a box using my new Sizzix leaf die.

Then I designed a card to match.

I really like Delish stamps and rub on's at the moment, and have used them on both my box and my card. The sentiments on the box and card are rub on's and the chandeliers stamps are by Delish.

The roses are from Hobbycraft...however the colour wasn't quite right so I sprayed them in Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in "Sherbet" to customise them to co-ordinate with my colour scheme. The stamp I used to create the blue background is by Inkadinkadoo.

This is the first time I have used glimmer mist...I think they are just gorgeous.

Well, I'm still enjoying my week off work...it's just flying by though..so I've got to go and make the most of what time I have left!

See you again soon peeps..

  • Damask Stamp: Inkadinkadoo
  • Sentiments and Chandeliers: Delish
  • Leafy die: Sizzix 3 Dies "Flowers, Branches and Leaves Set (can buy from either the The Glitterpot or Sir Stampalot)
  • Roses: Hobbycraft
  • Glimmer mist in Sherbet
  • Flourish brackets: Laundry Line
  • Adirondack Pigment Ink pad in "Cloudy Blue"

19 comments:

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Gorgeous Sarita! I loved that combo too. What a beautiful box and i love all the branches! your card is stunning and I adore the sentiment! Have a fab week off, hugs Judy xx

alcoholinky said...

ooh, isn't that just gorgeous. so feminine and pretty. must investigate those rubons (I'm addicted)

Tara said...

Hey Sarita! Your card and box are amazing..... you always come up with beautiful designs!!
Ooooooh please let me know the name of that leaf Sizzix die, I need it, lol!! xx

Christine (Craftling) said...

Oh my.. goodness!! I never miss a post of yours, as I follow you through Google Reader, but it's all I can do to hop around all the blogs I follow, let alone leave comments, but this one just DEMANDED a comment.. Wow! I'd say this is one of my all tgime faves.. It's just stunning.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Hugs,
Chris xx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Sarita your card and box are stunning!
I think delish designs just for you!
Your creations are beautiful!
hugs
kim x

Jackie said...

Absolutely superb, love that colour combo :o)
Jackie xx

Riet said...

Ohhhhh Wowwww Sarita,what BEAUTIFUL,l love the paper and colours.
So gorgeous details.

ZO MOOI...
Hugs Riet.x

Tab said...

Stunning work, sweetie, I just lvoe the colours you have used, just gorge, I remember the challenge well. I am addicted to those Hobbycraft flowers LOL.
Hugs Tab xxx

fiona said...

Both totally gorgeous!
Fiona

gina g said...

Hi Sarita Your card and box are just gorgeous.... i have just bought that die too. luv gina xx. luv gina xx

Jules said...

Hi Sarita

Beautiful creations as always.

Great colours and inspiration.

Love Jules xx

Chris said...

Hi Sarita, I hope you're well, and enjoying your week off. Looks like you've been busy and your box and card are superb, I just love all the decoration on top of your box, the glimmer misted flowers are so beautiful and I love all the stamps you used, perfect! I know whenever I come to visit you I'm going to have a new stamp wish list, you always find gorgeous ones :D. Enjoy the weekend. Hugs, Chris xx

Georgia said...

I absolutely LOVE your box and card! The colours look gorgeous together and I really like the roses! :)
Hope you have a nice weekend!
Love, Georgia xx

Michelle said...

Oh Sarita, such beautiful work, love them both. You always manage to come up with something utterly stunning.
x Michelle

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Sarita, i hope you are well hunny. You have made so many gorgeous cards since my last visit and im loving them all. Sorry ive not been by for a while, where does the time go??? Hope you have a fabulous day hugs Linda x

Julie said...

Beautiful project, love both the box and the card.

Dawn said...

Gosh you rock Girl!!!

susan said...

love the ikea stuff but your cards are great and your the first to have me leave a message on a blog lol have a great week off take care sue (highdiver52@hotmail.com)

sukes7 said...

so beautiful Sarita, that sissix die is gorgeous and I love your box it is so pretty luv sue x