Sunday, 19 July 2009

The happiest crafter in the world!!

And why, you might be asking, am I the happiest crafter in the world??

You know how it is....you've had your eye some rubber stamps for a while but cannot track down anywhere that sells them...for ages, I have been aching for the Stempelglede grunge collection rubber stamps but could not find anyone who sold them in this country, or any overseas retailer who would ship to this country. I searched for weeks, and then the other day thought I would give it one more shot on Google.

To my delight I found a company called http://www.unikscrap.dk/ who can ship Stempelglede rubber stamps to this country!!

Of course I placed an order....it cost me an arm and a leg but when you gotta have something you just gotta....and I was amazed when received them within a week! When I got them I just sat there stunned and speechless...actually I think there may have been an audible squeel lol....coz I couldn't believe I had them in my mits!!

These are the kind of rubber stamps that would be the first thing you save in the event of a fire....apart from hubby and the cats of course......actually thinking about it...I'm joking, I'm joking lol (I've actually given this matter some serious thought...I have all my fave stamps in one big box so I can just grab them in an emergency....what?? come on you're telling me you haven't thought about it too lol.)

So here is my first creation using the Stempelgede rubber stamp from the Grunge heart collection...I wanted to capture the shabby chic look and hope I have succeeded. The way I stamped the heart was a bit tricky...I stamped it on to my first layer...and then stamped again on the central strip and had to try and line it up with the one underneath.

I used my fave sizzix leaf die again and painted them with these gorgeous new paints...they're quite pricey as well at approx £4.00 a pot...but oh my...they are truly gorj.

I used these shimmer paints on my roses too...

Well, my week off work is nearly at an end...it has been so lovely to really take my time over my latest creations....roll on my next break in a few week's time!

  • Heart: Stempelglede grunge collection
  • Sentiment: Anna Griffin
  • Roses: Hobbycraft
  • Leaves: Sizzix (see my last post)
  • Gem: Prima

28 comments:

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
A very big WOW!
This is sensational and how lucky are you to get these babies!
Your card is amazing!
Truly beautiful!
hugs
kim x

Emma said...

It was so worth it Sarita your card is beautiful. I love the added touch to the paper flowers too - gorgeous :D

gina g said...

Wow Sarita this is amazing just perfect. luv gina xx

Mandi said...

You are soo talented Sarita, I never know what to say other than WOW AMAZING STUNNING etc etc lol

Cant blame you for wanting those stamps, it looks FAB [oh theres another one lol]
Will look forward to the others you create

mandi xx

Nina I. said...

Yes I agree! Theese stamps are just wonderful!!I have them:-)) Beutiful card you have made!!!

Hugs from Nina

Tara said...

This is stunning Sarita - the flowers and leaves are amazing (thanks for letting me know where to get the leaves) and that heart stamp is divine! So glad you were able to find what you were looking for, feels great when that happens ;o) xx

Chrissie said...

I haven't visited your blog for a little while and wow what a feast for the eyes!
Wonderful, wonderful things Sarita!
I love your choice of stamps and boy do you know how to use them!!!
Chrissie

Jules said...

Hi Sarita

I am so pleased you managed to order and receive the stamps you have been searching for - especially because it means you have been able to use them to spoil everyone with another brilliant creation.

Just so beautiful.

Love Jules xx

Christine (Craftling) said...

This is stunning!! And I have been going through the same exercise in search of the Maribel stamp. Unik Hobby have it in stock, but they wanted £23.62 for shipping!!! Daylight robbery!! I couldn't stretch to that.. it's beyond crazy.

Stempelfee have the Maribel stamp in Germany, but I don't speak the lingo, and can't get through the purchase process, and they haven't returned my email pleading for help. (sigh)

So good for you for hanging in to get your stamps. They are beautiful, and I love what you've done with them.

I was blessed to win the Grunge Collection last year when Gunhild at Stempelglede was hosting some blog candy, so at least I have them to keep me warm. ;o)

Hugs,
Chris xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sarita,l love the colour and flower.
Zo mooi Sarita,so chique.

Hugs Riet.x

alcoholinky said...

ooh right up my street Sarita. gorgeous. love how you coloured the roses. i have some of the Stempelglede stamps. I think it's a shame you can't get them in the UK. I think they'd be popular.

Michelle said...

Now this is getting spooky Sarita, I saw these stamps and have been toying with the idea of getting them, but wondered if I could justify the expense. Seeing your amazing card has clinched it for me, it truly is stunning!
X Michelle

fiona said...

WOW.I love this look. What a beautiful card.
Fiona

Bev said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks sooo much for the link babe - I am off for a spot of retail therapy lol. Like you I have tried everywhere to get these babies xxx

Jaana said...

Hi Sarita!
Nice blog, I just found it. Your cards are beautiful.. I had the same problem as you, no one here in New Zealand sells Stempelglede but I found a swedish online company (Brunkullan)who kindly sent them to me.
Have a nice day..
Jaana

Jackie said...

Absolutely stunning card. I don't think it's the stamps, it's what you do with them that counts, and you have done them real proud :o)
Jackie xx

Georgia said...

This is absolutely stunning Sarita! I'm blown away! I really like the roses and the gorgeous heart! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Karen said...

Wow, wow, WOW!!! A beautiful creation with a gorgeous stamp! Sometimes it still amazes me just how much a new crafty product can tickle me, especially stamps. I've been buying them since '94, have more than I'm willing to count, and still feel giddy at the new ones I 'have' to have!! Enjoy your new stamps and looking forward to seeing more of what happens when fantastic images and your creativity get to spend some time playing!! :>:>

Julie said...

Gorgeous card and I'd say you've definitely succeeded with the shabby chic look.

Christine (Craftling) said...

Hello, hello.. Me again... :o)

I got my first award today since I started blogging again, and I am choosing you to pass it on to. (See my blog.) You don't have to do anything with it if you don't want to.. I just wanted you to know I appreciate you and your lovely blog. *Mwaaah!*

Hugs,
Chris xx

Biscuitlid said...

not sure how you go about writing a wolf whistle on here but that's what your card deserves. I agree with Jackie, it ain't about the stamp or the product but what you do with them and girl - you've done good!

Victoria
x

Dawn said...

Wow wow wow!!!
These stamps are stunning had my eye on them ages ago and I wish I'd known you were looking for them because I knew Unikscrap shipped them here!!!

Oooh bet you are playing sooo much!!! They make the most amazing cards. The Norwegian ladies make fantastic use of them...

hugs
Dawn
xx

sukes7 said...

This is so beautiful Sarita, I always think your cards could not get any better and then you surpass yourself again, you are so talented luv sue x

Chris said...

Stunning Sarita, I'm not at all surprised that you squealed when you got them, I've had my eye on the grunge hearts too, they're so beautiful. Love how you did the double stamping and lined them up so perfectly the shimmery paint looks gorgeous. I think these will be your new crown jewels :D. Hugs, Chris xx

Eve said...

My God !! How this one is also wonderful !!
I love the added edges of the flowers..
Kisses ;)

judith@poppy cottage said...

I have the other stempelglede set, with the flowers, and I fully echo the arm and the leg bit! But they are truly gorgeous. I would save them in the event of a fire too!!! Iwould love the heart set, but I don't know if MY heart could go through the expense of getting another set from this company! Judith x

Gunn-Hege said...

Stempelglede has the most wonderful stamps!!!
And you`ve made an incredible beautiful card!!!
WOW!!!

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

Absolutely love the grungy look you've created on this card :) I too love theese stamps, and I'm so lucky to live in Norway, so I've got easy access, only have grunge coll.1 yet though :)