Sunday, 12 July 2009

Going round in circles...

I've been giving myself a very strict talking to lately lol...

You see, I always tend to always think in straight lines when I'm card making...so I told myself I've got to think a little bit more outside the box and get more creative with shapes.

So I chose to work mostly with circles with this card...OK, with one straight edge piece of card lol.

I bought this sweet little cup and teapot set from Basic Grey recently and didn't really know what to do with it...it was only when I started playing I thought it would be ideal for this particular layout.

I also purchased some Stampin' Up card for the first time and really love the colours...I've used Rose Red and Bordering Blue cardstock for this card. I didn't really have an appropriate sentiment so I used this Penny Black stamp...think it kinda works!

You know it's only when I look back over my blog I realise there is no consistency with my card making..I jump from one style to another...but you see I just love experimenting!!

Well, gotta dash...lots more card making to do...not quite sure what I'll do next...but I hope you all have a fabby weekend.

  • Stamp set: Basic Grey
  • Sentiment: Penny Black
  • Black stamped circle edging: Autumn Leaves

11 comments:

Tab said...

Stunning card, hun, love the layout and detail! I'm the same with style, can't make my mind up what I like, so go for it all LOL!
Hugs Tab xxx

Kim Piggott said...

Wow this is beautiful!
Such gorgeous colours and your detail and design stunning!
hugs
kim x

Tara said...

I love the card Sarita, especially the colours and those gorgeous images! It's great flit from one style to another I think, life would get very boring if we always did the same thing!! xx

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Sarita,what a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.x

fiona said...

Hi Sarita, Google is letting me leave a comment at last! I think you are consistent in your card making. They are ALWAYS elegant and stylish. Love your blog.
Fiona

gina g said...

Beautiful card Sarita very elegant. luv gina xx

Georgia said...

Wow, this is gorgeous - I absolutely love it! The teapot is lovely and I really like the colours together, they look really striking! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Bev said...

What a sensational card sweetie, oh wow, you sure do know how to make them! x

sukes7 said...

Superb card sarita, I love the contemporary design absolutely gorgeous luv sue x

Chris said...

Gorgeous Sarita and I love what you've done with the circles and I agree it's good to experiment! I think it's great to not have too much consistency, it keeps your blog so fresh looking, there's always something new to see. Love the colours you've used and that gorgeous teapot stamp. Chris xxx

Dawn said...

Hey Sarita I love jumping too!!!
I flit from style to style like an aimless butterfly!!!! depending on my mood!!! LOL
Well that's what it's all about trying different and varied stuff - For sure!!

Your cards are always so creative and amazing though...

Dawn
xx