Sunday, 5 July 2009

Christmas is coming!

Here is my first Christmas card for this year!

This is the stamp I used to create the background....

I used distress inks to create the lilac background...then stamped the winter scroll stamp with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it in white.

Personally I can't wait for the winter...I hate the heat of the summer with a passion! I get so hot in my craft room, and if I leave the windows open I get all sorts of wildlife flying in! By the way I found that the white striped moth that attacked me a week or so ago is called a swallow tailed moth and is one of the largest in Britain...well, I thought I may as well look it up as I got so up close and personal with it!!

Well, I'm off to dine al fresco...oh OK, I suppose there are some good things about summer lol!

Image: Stamping Bella

Background stamp :Penny Black "Winter Scroll"

Tim Holtz distress inks in "Milled Lavender"

Prima Hydrangeas in "Beach Sand"

Sentiment: Papermania

13 comments:

Riet said...

Oh wowww sarita,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colour.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Emma said...

This is beautiful, lovely colours and papers :D

Jackie said...

Beautiful card Sarita, and I am totally with you on the heat problem, I can't copw with it very well! :o)
Jackie xx

Kim Piggott said...

Just stunning card Sarita!
hugs
kim x

Karen said...

What a GOOORRGGGEOUS White Winterland Christmas card!! That embossed flourish background you've made is so striking and I just love the sparkle dusting on your Bella and the card!! I'm not a hot weather gal either. When does the cooler weather roll in for you? Here, it could be as late as November! I'm crossing my fingers for much earlier though!! :>

Dolly said...

Stunning card, makes me feel cooler just looking at it. I'm with you on the summer thing my brain doesn't work when it's too hot! :)xx

Tab said...

oooh fab card, love the sweet image and the colours and papers are delish! That background stamp is divine! Oooh I hate night time bugs, really freak me out!
Hugs Tab xxx

Susie Sugar said...

Breathtaking card Sarita as always .
I have been given a special award on my blog and I would love to pass it on to your for you excellent blog please pop over when you time to collect it
Love Susie xx

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Another stunning card Sarita, i love the background you've made! your work is always so inspiring, hopefully ill be inspired enough to make a card - finally!! have a lovely day, hugs Linda x

Georgia said...

Beautiful card Sarita, it's so chic and stylish! I love the way you've put glitter around the edge of her hood! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Bev said...

Oh what a stunning card sweetie, love how you create your backgrounds, just amazing! x

Michelle said...

Fabulous card Sarita, have seen that background stamp recently and now I'v e seen it used I'm more than tempted. Trying hard to put christmas off as long as poss though. Hope your job is going ok.
x Michelle

Dawn said...

Wheeee I LOVE it!!