Thursday, 9 July 2009

Another acetate overlay...

I did this card a while ago and then forgot to post it on my blog!! I made it when was when I was going through my acetate phase lol.

I must admit, I still love playing with acetate and now use it a lot in my card making.

I used my favourite colour of all the Tim Holtz distress inks...Aged Mahogany...it is such a gorgeous rich red. The acetate overlay covers the whole card..of course it is difficult to see...but I just stamped a corner stamp in the bottom right hand corner on the acetate and overlaid it on top of my card. The acetate is fixed only by the brads that secure the sentiment.

Well, I am now officially on holiday for a week...I'm not going away...don't want to lol...all I want to do is relax and craft...my idea of heaven!

  • Stamp on Centre panel and on the heart: Lawrence Llewleyn Bowen
  • Swirl: Inkadinkadoo
  • Corner stamp on acetate: Prima
  • Sentiment: Whiff of Joy

15 comments:

Georgia said...

Hi Sarita,
Wow, I absolutely love your card! I love the colours and the hearts are so pretty!
I also love the way you stamp on your cards, it looks beautiful! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Jackie said...

Superb card Sarita, I still haven't tried playing with acetate. I will get around to it one of these days :o)
Jackie xx

Tara said...

Stunning card Sarita, really elegant!
Have a fab week off and I hope you find lots of time to get creative! xx

Zinnia said...

Oh! Your "stash" story is so funny! I know just what you mean. I keep collecting more and more stuff and hubby has no clue. Not that he would mind, but it is a simple indulgence that I can't resist when I see new things that would be great for my next project. I also LOVE this card you posted with the hearts. It is so romantic and vintage. Very beautiful!

Susie Sugar said...

Another stunning card Sarita its so elegant
Love Susie xx

PS there is an award waiting for you on my blog for your excellent blog
x

Jules said...

Oh Sarita

Every card you post I love and each post I love more than the time before!!!!

This creation is fantastic.

You are so very, very talented.

Love Jules xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sarita,l love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Kim Piggott said...

Wow Sarita your card is just a wonderful confection of beauty!
Such wonderful detail and your design is amazing!
Love that rich colour!
Have a fabulous time to yourself!
hugs
kim x

Karen said...

I've missed so many stunning cards Sarita. All are absolutely STUNNING !!! Love that overlay.

Love Karen x

Karen said...

Sarita, a week off and full of crafty goodness sounds like a great vacation to me! I love your hearts and that sweet little heart charm is just the perfect accent! :>

Tab said...

Wow, you blow me away with you cards, they are totally delish! Love how you use the acetate. Have a fab week off, hope that you manage to get crafty!
Hugs Tab xxx

gina g said...

Hi Sarita, What an absolutely stunning card love the colour too. luv gina xx

Hope you are keeping well. xx

sukes7 said...

This is simply stunning sarita, gorgeous design, beautiful colours luv sue x

Eve said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful !!
Colors are mine and I love them !!
Elegant card .. really ..
Big kisses and have a great W.E ;)

Andrea said...

A very wonderful card!
Many greetings
Andrea