Thursday, 2 July 2009

Rock the Kasbah!

What a fab title for a post! However, I didn't just make it up, it is actually the name of this beautiful gem by Imaginisce...

As gems go, this has to be the largest I've ever seen in the crafting world...and you all know how much I love my bling lol!

I created the background with distress inks in fairly pale colours...I didn't want to clutter the card too much as I thought the gem made a statement all on it's own!

I have so many fave colour schemes but this definitely has too be one of my absolute faves.

The sentiment doesn't show up too well in the main photo but if you click on the picture you can see it much better.

Well, I've got one more day at work before the weekend...I am currently making some Christmas cards which I will be posting on my blog in the very near future...well you can never be too early can you!

  • Tim Holtz dsitress inks: Weathered wood
  • Adirondack ink: Latte
  • Damask stamp ( on central blue strip): Laundry Line
  • Background stamps: Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen
  • Dark blue edging stamp: Bo Bunny "Flourish"
  • Sentiment: Cloud 9

10 comments:

Dolly said...

Wow stunning card you've showcased the gem beautifully. :)xx

Emma said...

Wow what a Bobby Dazzler lol. Such a stylish & elegant card x

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

wow..this is so gorgeous. Love your background and that gem is stunning and definetely should be taking centre stage! such beautiful work as always!
Judy xx

Sarah said...

You make the prettiest cards.. if i can ever get that much talent, i'd be lucky.. can't wait to see those christmas cards. :)

Jackie said...

Superb card as always :o)
Jackie xx

Kim Piggott said...

Sarita this is so very beautiful!
Your stamping is just amazing and I so love those colours gorgeous!
Beautiful charm!
Have a great weekend!
hugs
kim x

Clarky J said...

Wow gorgeous Gem! I love this colour combo too beautiful and elegant x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sarita,l love the details and details.

Hugs Riet.x

Karen said...

Sarita, this card is fabulous! I can see why you love this color combo, its sophisticated, elegant, and beautiful. I love the background you've created and that bling really is stunning! :>

Georgia said...

I absolutely love your card Sarita! I love the flower especially, the gem is so pretty and all the stamping looks brilliant! :)
Love, Georgia xx