Sunday, 28 June 2009

My little crafting companion...

Well ,there I was at midnight last night, busy crafting (as you do lol) with all the windows open as it was so muggy, when all of a sudden something hit me in the face. I shrieked (I'm such a baby lol), and hubster came running in to find out what all the commotion was about.

Here is the culprit!


This moth eventually landed on my craft worktop right in front of me (apologies for the crafting debris in the photo but you know how it is lol) Hubby managed to capture it, unharmed, in a glass, went to put out the window and it flew back in again! We couldn't find it but I wouldn't let it rest as I was worried in case the cats tried to chase it and eat it...but despite searching we could not find it. As you can see it looked like a piece of crumpled up paper...can you imagine trying to find that in my craft room lol.

We were just about to give up hope, but as hubby turned, I noticed it clinging to his..er..derriere shall we say!

I then had the dubious task of rescuing it, well I couldn't leave it like that could I...it could have had a horrible death lol. Well, capture it I did, and I put it outside the front door where it flew off oblivious of it's near death experience! I have to say even though I am not a fan of moths, this one was quite large and very pretty, and I had never seen one quite this colour before.

Anyway, I eventually managed to continue to craft, and this is the result.

I haven't used stripes in my card making for a while....and I also used some glitter card for the heart as I have stacks of it but never seem to find a use for it. The swirl is by Ladybug and Friends... which I paid a small fortune for as I ordered it from America as I couldn't find it over here...but I'm glad I did as I really like it.

Well, I'm off to have a little bit of R & R before I return to work...I think I've had enough excitement for one weekend lol.

  • Floral swirl stamp: Ladybug and Friends
  • Stamp on centre panel: Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen
  • Sentiment: Cloud 9
  • Inks: Adirondack in Latte, and colour box pigment inkpad in Soft Petal
  • Heart punch: Woodware 2" and 3" punch
  • Ribbon: Stampin Up in Vanilla

18 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sarita,l love the colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Mandi said...

Stunning card Sarita...sorry I always say the same thing. but, the its your fault for creating such masterpieces LOL

Id have screamed too btw hehe

mandi xx

Christine said...

Wow just love this card the colours & papers but that stamp is just so lush I would have paid a randsome for it too.

Christinexx

Kim Piggott said...

Glad your drama is over that moth was so beautiful!
Your card is so stunning!
Your design just beautiful and your detail fabulous!
hugs
kim x

gina g said...

LOl Sarita sorry i had to laugh about your moth it reminded me of last summer when one flew in and hit me on the head well i was jumping about screeching it turned out to be a bat yuk lol.
Anyway glad you finished the card off it's an absolute stunner. luv gina xx

Ruth said...

I just love this! The stripes,swirls and colours used are perfect! Ruth x

Biscuitlid said...

What a striking card.

Love the moth tale, well captured on camera - both times!

Victoria
x

Julie said...

Well I'm glad you were able to get back to your crafing because your card is just beautiful

Jules said...

Hi Sarita

Beautiful card.

I love all those gorgeous papers and the way you have arranged them.

That swirl stamp is just delicious too.

Love Jules xx

torico said...

Beautiful and pretty card Sarita. I love the swirl stamp you have got from America!

torico XX

Denise said...

Omgosh~ love the moth story~ and your card is just stunning, the stripes look great! :)

Georgia said...

Wow Sarita, this is so gorgeous! I absolutely love it! The heart looks so pretty and I also love the stripes! :)
Love, Georgia xx

sukes7 said...

that moth must have inspired you sarita, this card is superb.Love the way your design came together luv sue x

Karen said...

Well, your adventures did not seem to hinder your creative proccess! Another beautiful card! I love the mix of the stripes and boxes with the free flowing flourishes. And the stripes behind the heart really make it pop! Thanks for sharing you card, of course, and your "fun" (I'll let you be the judge of that :>) midnight crafting adventures.....you gave me a gasp and a giggle! :>

Emma said...

Hi Sarita,

What a wonderful blog you have and this card is so beautiful, I love the contrast of papers.

Your such a giggle too with your mothy story. Thanks so much for the lovely comment at my place too xx

Chris said...

Oh, well rescued Sarita, and it was a very pretty moth and eerily your card kind of has those colours, it's just so beautiful. I think that swirl was definitely worth the small fortune, it's so pretty! Hope you're well, hugs Chris xx

Jackie said...

Superb card as yours always are. I love that moth, I thought it was a piece of origami at first :o)
Jackie xx

June said...

Wow Sarita big moth!! I would have had an attack lol, your card is stunning darl huggies June x