Friday, 29 May 2009

Now for something completely different...

This is about as far removed from my usual style as I think I have ever gotten...not least because there is no bling..no glitter..no ribbon...and probably most notably in my case, not a swirl or flourish in sight lol..

This is yet another card that kind of came out of nowhere...

I was working on another card with my distress inks and liked the messy ink design on the scrap paper underneath my project.

Then I just happened to have the piece of acetate that came with my Heidi Swapp "Thanks" stamp nearby, with of course the word THANKS already printed on it...I just overlaid it on top of my messy paper...and voila...a new card was born...and all pretty much made from scraps of paper and card!

That was about it apart from a few flowers and some additional sentiments...I wanted to try something a bit different from swirls and had been wanting to use these diamond shaped stamps for a long time...I'm glad I did as I really like the geometric look...but I daresay the swirls will appear again in the very near future lol..

  • Tim Holtz distress inks in Aged Mahogany and Black Soot
  • Sentiments: Anna Griffin and Penny Black
  • diamond stamps: Penny Black from the clear set "Salutations"

12 comments:

Dolly said...

Just love this Sarita, inspired! xx

Tab said...

Wowee you are so talented, you have so many clever ideas, love how you have made the backgroud and the acetate sentiment is awesome!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs Tab xxx

Jackie said...

A beautiful effect, amazing what ca be done with "scrap" :o)
Jackie xx

Karen said...

Beautiful, really beautiful.

love Karen xxx

Vicky said...

Fab card Sarita, love all the thank you's in diferent languages. It's always a challenge to step outside of our comfort zone but you've done a fab job with this card!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

joey said...

gorgeous card Sarita, loving the design. Joey.x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow this is amazing!
What a beautiful card!
Love how this evolved just brilliant!
Have a great weekend!
hugs
kim x

Michelle said...

Brilliant Sarita
amazing what YOU can do with a few scraps of messy paper!

x Michelle

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Wow Sarita, this is so different but still so you, elegant and classy, its beautiful! Heidi xx

Tara said...

This is stunning Sarita and I love that you dare to go with something different....... and for you it always works, lol! xx

Dawn said...

Wow isn't it amazing what transpires form projects - beautiful!

Steph said...

I love it, Sarita. It's funny how you say it's far removed from your style cos I think it's SO your style. The simplicity, the elegance, the beautiful inking..! You have a way of making such classic pieces- whether more vintage or modern looking like this one. I love them all! x