Friday, 5 June 2009

My very first acetate overlay...

...or, what I should say is this the very first acetate overlay that I have created.

You may have noticed from my earlier geometric card that I just happened upon a pre-printed piece of acetate and subsequently used it on my card...I really liked the effect and felt inspired to give it a go myself.

Having been very wary of acetate in the past (I only have to look at it and glitter automatically adheres itself to it or I end up with my paw prints all over it lol)...I am now absolutely hooked!

This card did take a little time to put together as I created the background first by stippling some pink, turquise and beige ink, and then stamping my floral stamp in turquoise over the top of my inked background....then came the really fun part...creating the acetate overlay, just by stamping some corner designs in black Stazon.

Apologies for the little bit of glare...acetate is just a nightmare to photograph!

However, there is no doubt I will be experimenting more with this technique so expect to see more!

  • Background stamp: Floral Motif from www.lbcrafts.co.uk
  • Corner stamps: Prima "Build-A-Frame"
  • Sentiment and frame: Fancy Pants : Pollen Duste
  • Turquoise flower: Prima Painterly Petals
  • Pink hydrangeas: Prima

11 comments:

Jules said...

Oh yes please!!! I would love to see more of this technique.

Your card is beautiful.

Hope you are feeling ok now.

Love Jules xx

Michelle said...

Fantastic card Sarita, the acetat overlay is amazing. Well done you for trying new stuff!
x Michelle

Tara said...

This is beautiful Sarita - it's lovely to see you trying something different as you always make such a great job of it! xx

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, I know what you mean about working with acetate :o)
Jackie xx

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

This is great Sarita. You inspire me to trymyself. How do you adhere the acetetate to the card?? Love the gorgeous pink and turquoise. Beautiful card!
Judy xx

alcoholinky said...

I know that hooked on acetate feeling too. It's a nightmare to photo! This is gorgeous. Look forward to your next creations!

Kim Piggott said...

wow Sarita this is totally amazing!
wonderful work!
hugs
kim x

Biscuitlid said...

Stunning card Sarita, the acetate works really well against your own background, still a very 'you' card.

Left you a little award on my blog

Victoria
x

Dawn said...

Wow stunning!!!
I cannot do the acetate thing at all - it HATES me!!!! LOL

How did you attach this - I'm not sure what to do with overlays Sarita... any advise greatly appreciated...

Hugs
Dawn

sukes7 said...

absolutely gorgeous card Sarita, fantastic work luv sue x

Susie Sugar said...

love the acetat over lay the whole card is very special
hugs Susie xx