Saturday, 30 May 2009

My favourite card making technique..

As some of you may know from my previous blog entries I really love creating my own backgrounds but I have a confession to make...I only bought some Tim Holtz distress inks very recently (I know, where have I been)...then when I got them I didn't have a clue how to use them...I'm so ashamed lol.

I can't say I know exactly what to do with them now but I have learned that messier the background (and the more covered in ink I get as well lol), the better it looks! I used a Tim Holtz blending tool to help but I've just discovered Cut n Dry foam which is also great for blending.


I thought I would show the background naked as it were... before I adorned my card...to show off this incredible stamp from Prima.

I've tried so many different card making technques but I think I have really really found my favourite...and that is using distress inks...I just love getting messy and seeing what transpires...and I love the grungy vintage look as well.

I feel this won't be the last you see of the distress inks..you know what I'm like when I get something in my head lol.
  • Tim Holtx distress inks in Pine Needles and Brush Courdory
  • Stamps: Prime "Build A Bauble"
  • Corner embeliishment: Melissa Frances
  • Sentiment: Whiff of Joy
  • Bazzill Blossom
  • Roses: Joanna Sheen

22 comments:

Karen said...

WOW ! Thats sooooo beautiful.

Love Karen xxx

Zinnia said...

Beautiful work! I love what you created with the inks. They are really versatile, and the way you used them looks amazing! It is antique-y (is that a word) LOL!
oooxx
Zinnia

Jackie said...

You are not on your own there Sarita, I wouldn't know what to do with them either :o)
Any how, you made and excellent job of this one, superb card :o)
Jackie xx

Riet said...

Wowww Sarita,what a beautiful card,l love the colours and details.

Hugs Riet.x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh Sarita I am so with you on the distress inks. I just can't live without them and you have created the most beautiful card with them!
That prima stamp is just fabulous and I love how you have distressed your background! Your design is gorgeous and your detail stunning!
Love it all!
hugs
kim x

Vicky said...

Such a pretty card Sarita and the prima stamp is gorgeous!
Hope you're having a great weekend & enjoying the sunshine!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

sukes7 said...

This is absolutely stunning Sarita, so romantic and vintage, I love it luv sue x

Julie said...

Gorgeous card

Dawn said...

Wow another stunning card - I love that centre stamp and the soft colours are gorgeous..

Hugs
Dawn

Ruth said...

This is really beautiful..you have used the inks to great effect and it's stunning, Ruth x

Dolly said...

The distress inks look fab, I've still not mastered them yet, need come cut n dry foam I think! Love that Prima stamp too, fabulous card xx

Steph said...

All i can say is "thank you, Tim Holtz"!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Ha a convert to the mucky finger brigade - excellent!! Keep an eye on tuesday taggers theres a tutorial coming up which will expand your repertoire with Mr' Holtz products. That stamp is brilliant too I bought that one and the build a swirl a while back and love em but as usual you've done something quite beautiful with them. Love your card, bothe naked and dressed!
x Michelle

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Oh wow Sarita, your card is just stunning. I adore all the Tim Holtz products and especially the distress inks, you can use them for so much.

Beautiful flowers too.

Hope you are OK ?

Hugs,

Jo x

Karen said...

I've left something on my blog for you Sarita.

Love Karen xxx

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Hi Sarita

Me again ! Your card would be perfect to enter into this week's Simon Says Challenge at http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com This week's challenge is all about Tim Holtz's products and his works and there is a chance to win a SIGNED Tim Holtz piece and a $25 spending spree in the Simon Says Stamp store ! I hope you can join us !

Good luck,

Jo x

Georgia said...

Wow, I am in love with this card, tee hee! I really love the stamping and the shabby chich style! The flowers are lovely too!
Love, Georgia xx

Karen said...

I love that you enjoy making your own backgrounds so much! And I also really enjoyed seeing a pic of the completed background before embellishment. The background, your embellishments, the whole card is stunning!

Another thing I LOVE is getting my hands inky! When I look down and see a beautiful stampers manicure, I know I've found time to play! :>

Jules said...

Hi Sarita

Hope you are ok.

Simply love this adorable creation. It is wonderful.

Love Jules xx

Iris said...

Wow Sarita, what a beautiful card, love all the details, great work.

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge.

Iris

scrappypug said...

gorgeous!

Susie Sugar said...

Totally breathtaking
Hug Susie xx