Monday, 9 March 2009

SCS Challenge Black Ink Only

Here are my cards for SCS challenge ssnotime75,... the challenge is to use black ink only.


I love using black ink in my card making...I think it can look really dramatic but also elegant as well...I get a lot of inspiration from Sharon-lots of beautiful stamping-very me!

The good thing about some of the SCS challenges is that there is no time limit...which is great for me...I have to try and fit my card making around work which means that by the time I've found out about a blog challenge invariably I'm too late.

The image on the first card is a new image by Pink Petticoat...I just had to have it...you see I've just decorated my bedroom in black and raspberry (how decadent...or maybe it sounds awful I don't know!!)....anyway I bought a black chandelier just like this one for my bedroom.

I used my Simple Scallop MS punch and layered it up, and added some Papermania gems at the bottom. The dotty lines are by Penny Black...they came with a clear stamp set I got ages ago...I knew I liked this stamp but hadn't found a use for it until now.

The black stamp towards the top of the card is by Debbi Moore, and I used the left overs of the MS punch scallop across the top of the stamp.

And on to my second card....



The main image and sentiment on the second card is by Anna Griffin, and I printed a Magenta swirl onto my burgandy card. The punch is of course Martha Stewart....I ordered this Simple Scallop punch from America only to find out that they're now coming to the UK....hey ho never mind lol....and don't look to closely...I only realised I botched the punching after I'd taken the photo so please...just pretend lol.

Phew, sorry for the long post and thank you for holding on in there!

24 comments:

Marcea said...

Your cards are always so classy and elegant - such wondful eye candy. Both are stunning Sarita. I hope you have a brilliant week
-x-

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Oh wow Sarita, you never fail to impress with your creativity. Loving these two cards they are truly stunning hun. Love the colour of the cards you've used!! have a good week, its cold here and icy this morning. Hugs Linda x

Riet said...

wowww Sarita,what a beautiful cards,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow Sarita I have this image of you as this tall slim Classy and Elegant lady, the same as the beauyiful cards you always show us. I love these two they are all the above
Hugs Jacqui xx

Clarky J said...

Oh wow what gorgeous cards!

joey said...

Oooh Sarita these are fabulous, so elegant and the deep colours are gorgeous. joey.xxx

Mrs Wonka said...

Wow these are both stunning, really classic creations!

Mrs Wonka x

Sue said...

Oh Sarita two stunning cards they look gorgeous, very classy looking cards, sue.x

Kim Piggott said...

Sarita these are just so beautiful and elegant!
Your are so talented!
hugs
kim x

Beth said...

Wow, both stuning cards - you're right, yhe colour scheme is so decadent! xx

Tara said...

Fabulous cards Sarita, so elegant and in a class all of their own!
You have such a great eye for colours! xx

Karen said...

Both cards are beautiful and just so elegant!! I love love love the bottom of the first card dripping with chandelier beads....at least that's what it looks like to me! :>

karen said...

Sarita these cards are gorgeous and they do look so elegant, but then again i always love your cards. I hope you dont mind ive tagged you, details are on my blog.
karen x

Linda said...

Ooooooh these are so beautiful Sarita, love them. xx lin xx

Maria Matter said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! Great designs for these black ink only cards...very elegant!
Blessings, Maria

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi hun, these are such elegant, beautiful cards, wonderful colours. They remind me of victoriana, just super. Hope your having a great week? Heidi xxx

Dawn said...

Wow Sarita these are just stunning - so beautiful.

Dawn

gina g said...

these are stunning Sarita very elegant. luv gina xx

Dawn said...

Hi Again

Have an award for you on my blog!

Susie Sugar said...

As always simply stunning cards
Beautiful rich lush colours
I love them
Love Susie xx

Michelle said...

Hi Sarita
Thanks for popping over to my blog, love these new cards - so classy and timeless. I downloaded these images a few days ago - have to have a go with them. The dotty stamp is smashin, what make is it?
x Michelle

Bev said...

Gulp! I bruised me chin again!!! These two cards are fantstic (I know I say this about all your cards) but I do think the first card is the best card I have ever seen!!! I'm talking goossebumps here girl!!! x

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Stunningly elegant cards!! Loving the striking colour combos! yiou ahve sucha flair for design!

Judy xx

Steph said...

Oh wow, these are so elegant, Sarita! I love the stamps you've used. I've just ordered that same Martha Stewart punch, can't wait for it to arrive!!