Monday, 30 March 2009

My war on dull days....

It was my birthday a few months ago...hubby usually asks me what I would like for my birthday....but he was eerily quiet this year and didn't ask me what I wanted...I thought he had forgotten...although it would be difficult as our birthdays are only a week apart...however, the question never came...

Anyway, the big day arrived and he handed my this fairly large parcel...I have to say I was really curious...I did not have a clue what was inside the parcel...when I opened it I could have cried....
Here it is...my little mini photographic studio..

I can honestly say I could not have thought of a lovelier present, and I was genuinely touched that he had thought of this all by himself. He obviously knows how difficult I find it sometimes taking pictures of my cards, particularly on dull days...well that and all the cursing that I do as well lol...

He bought it from Amazon just in case you are interested. It's not so much of an issue now that summer is on it's way and I know nothing can beat natural daylight, but when the sun is in short supply I have to say I now cannot live (or blog!!) without it and use it all the time...my latest photos say it all really. The lights are Tungsten and really powerful considering how small they are, and they pick up glitter highlights on my cards perfectly! It fits easily on my worktop and it all folds away neatly too.

Well, I thought I would tell you about it as I thought you may want to put it on your birthday list lol.

19 comments:

Mandi said...

OH thats exactly what Id like Sarita...how FAB. I use a black scrpabook cover staning on its end for mine LOL


xx

Sue said...

Hi Sarita
i have one for my macro work they are brill, me n my friend while away many hours takin pics of things, sue.x

sukes7 said...

what a thoughtful present from hubby. Your cards are always fabulous and this will show them off brillantly. luv sue x

Kim Piggott said...

Sarita this is just brilliant! What a thoughtful husband you have there!
hugs
kim x

PatR said...

What a fabby present. Istruggle with my photos at times so would just love this. Lucky you

Pat xx

All Pink girl said...

Oh wow what a fabulous gift ,i so need one of these xxxx
hope you had a fabulous birthday ,hugs Dawnxxx

katy said...

Awww thats so lovely of your hubby :) Ha ha, how relieved was i when i remembered the gorgeous goodies you sent last year :) Thank you xx

Chrissie said...

Well, I would think that your husband must have earned mega Brownie Points for this really thoughtful present. Your cards are so sensational, I can imagine how frustrated you must feel if the sunlight isn't around to do them justice!
Wonderful!
And I hope you had a Happy Birthday!
Chrissie

Tara said...

This is fantastic Sarita - yes I'm jealous!! xx

Marcea said...

Perfect pressie hunny - must send my hubby a link to your post ... not long til mine, lol
Great bag too :o)
-x-

alcoholinky said...

what a thoughtful husband! I got one of these at Christmas because of the difficulty with photos and they certainly make a big difference.

Karen said...

What a sweet hubby!! I often take my pics at night and end up having to take a gazillion pics to get one semi decent one! (Hence the reason I've had more pics of cards than kids lately..yikes!) Thanks for sharing what is working for you! :>

Dolly said...

Just found your blog - love your design style and what a great pressie - thanks for sharing x

Sue said...

What a fantastic present, and he thought of it all by himself! What a treasure you have there. I must say this would come in very handy, as we live in an old cottage with small windows I often struggle to get good light. I'm not dedicated enough to go outside in the cold to try to get a good piccie.

Steph said...

OH WOW! How lucky are you? Your hubby is so thoughtful-it's great to have hubbies who are so supportive of our passions!

Zinnia said...

That is so cool! Your husband is wonderful and so supportive of you. I think both the light box and the hubby are keepers!!!!
oooxxx
Zinnia

Julie said...

What a lovely present, I have one of these studios, I use the backdrop all the while but I can't get on with the lights, will love to hear how you find them.

Susie Sugar said...

Hi Sarita I have to thank you .......I have terrible trouble with the light when taking photos of my work and stuff for my shop, so when I read this post last week I went straight to Amazon in search of one, found it, bought it , it arrived Thursday I set it up yesterday and the yellow card you commented on was my first photo taken with the add of the studio, I am thrilled to bits with it !!!
Thanks to you and your husband
Big Hugs Susie xx
Happy Easter xx

Dawn said...

Oh wow what a great present and how great of your hubby to get it for you!! See they do know stuff sometimes!!!! LOl

I would love one of these!

Dawn