I initially just stippled two colours onto some cheap copy paper...for some reason it works better than on my, by comparison, more expensive card!
I used two stamps for the background...one of the stamps is very subtle so you may have to click on the picture to see it a little better.
Then came the hold-your-breath-and-hope-for-the-best part-stamping a flourish right over my design. It's one thing stamping on pre-printed paper but when you've spent ages creating your own background you know if it goes wrong you will probably cry lol. Thankfully it turned out OK.
I just added a bit of glitter to make it all sparkly.
You know I love all aspects of card making, but creating my own backgrounds is what I love doing best..I think it brings out the kid in me lol. I kept the card simple with no layers so that the background is the focus of the card.
- Background stamp B Line Design "Floral Motif" (stamped in turquiose)
- Background stamp B Line Design "Ornate Wings" (the fainter stamped design)
- Flourish Stamp: Basic Grey
- Ink: Adirondack in "Latte" and Colourbox Queue in turquiose
- Sentiment : Whiff of Joy
- Flowers: Painterly Petals and Prima
- Glitter: Glamour Dust