Sunday, 29 March 2009

Creating more backgrounds...

I have been playing again...I got out my stipple brushes and created another randomly stamped background. Here is the result...



I initially just stippled two colours onto some cheap copy paper...for some reason it works better than on my, by comparison, more expensive card!

I used two stamps for the background...one of the stamps is very subtle so you may have to click on the picture to see it a little better.

Then came the hold-your-breath-and-hope-for-the-best part-stamping a flourish right over my design. It's one thing stamping on pre-printed paper but when you've spent ages creating your own background you know if it goes wrong you will probably cry lol. Thankfully it turned out OK.

I just added a bit of glitter to make it all sparkly.

You know I love all aspects of card making, but creating my own backgrounds is what I love doing best..I think it brings out the kid in me lol. I kept the card simple with no layers so that the background is the focus of the card.

  • Background stamp B Line Design "Floral Motif" (stamped in turquiose)
  • Background stamp B Line Design "Ornate Wings" (the fainter stamped design)
  • Flourish Stamp: Basic Grey
  • Ink: Adirondack in "Latte" and Colourbox Queue in turquiose
  • Sentiment : Whiff of Joy
  • Flowers: Painterly Petals and Prima
  • Glitter: Glamour Dust

23 comments:

Steph said...

Gorgeous as always, Sarita. I really love the blue ink so much x

PatR said...

This is lovely Sarita I just love your style. I too love creating my own papers but have a way to go to e in your league.

Pat xx

sassy said...

absoloutly stunning.....fantastic effect...xx

Karen said...

Beautiful! Love the two soft colors used all over the card and then that striking black (yup...clench your teeth while waiting to see if it stamped the way you wanted it to on your new beautiful background :>) flourish in the middle of the card just really pops! :>

Tab said...

Oh Sarita, stunning card! Love your delish background, and the colours are gorge too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Riet said...

wowww Sarita,what a beautiful card.

hugs Riet.x

joey said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sarita. Joey.x

sukes7 said...

beautiful card so elegant luv sue x

torico said...

What a stunning card,Sarita!You did a great work.I love creating my own background by using stamps,too.Your works give me much wonderful inspiration!

Michelle said...

Amazing background work Sarita, I've made loads of backgroung papers for tags, wall hangers etc but never really thought about using them on cards and yet, like you I really love doing them.
Your creation is so beautiful and more so as it's all your own work!
x Michelle

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, love the colours used :o)
Jackie xx

Beth said...

This is so beautiful! I wish I had the knack of making my own backgrounds (it would save on all the papers I buy!) xx

Sue said...

beautiful card Sarita, very elegant hun, sue.x

Rica said...

Just beautiful Sarita.
Making your own backgrouns is so satisfying isn't it? (Trouble is it's time consuming and as you say one mistake and boohoo).No mistakes on this one that's for sure!!
hugs Heather xx

Karen said...

Gorjus, stunning, beautiful !!! Love the colours.

Love Karen xxx

Biscuitlid said...

Why buy patterned paper when you have such a talent for making your own?

Such a grogeous card - glad the flourish went well and didn't ruin your hard work!

Victoria
x

Jules said...

Hi Sarita - beautiful creation. Love the colours. I have never done much background work of my own - I tend to go for downloads. Perhaps I need to widen my horizons and have a try. Love Jules xx

Kim Piggott said...

Wow this is just gorgeous!
Such fabulous colours and your design is so beautiful!
hugs
kim x

Tara said...

It's just beautiful Satita, gorgeous colours and another stunning design! You can really pick up the lovely sheen on this photo too! xx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Sarita, I just love the colourways and how this sparkles, fantastico! Hugs Heidi xxx

Kim Dellow said...

Wonderful. I love the effect Sarita. Kim

RosesMarijke said...

What a beautiful card!!

Marijke

RosesMarijke said...

What a beatiful card!!

Marijke