Sunday, 29 March 2009

Colour Create Challenge #9

First of all can I say a big thank you to all those who joined in my l'il challenge last week...your cards were fantastic and it was so lovely to see such a lot of varied techniques, I was truly amazed at the fab ideas you came up with.
On to this week's Colour Create challenge. This week Sharon from the Design Team has given us a fantastic colour combination to work with...blue and lilac with the extra option of swirls and ribbon.

And here is my card...

I really enjoyed this challenge....I found the colours really inspiring. Thank you Sharon! Do take a look at Sharon's blog as her creations are truly beautiful.

As ever the rest of the DT have made amazing creations so I hope you will have a look and join in this fab challenge.
  • Butterfly stamps: Inkadinkadoo
  • Background Stamp: Magenta Flourishes
  • Martha Stewart "Simple Scallop punch
  • Sentiement: Hero Arts

14 comments:

Tara said...

An amazing card Sarita, created in your own unique style. You've used the colours so well and I love the scalloped edge - gorgeous! xx

Tab said...

Gorge card, sweetie! Just have you have done the scallopped edge, tis fab! Love your style!
Hugs Tab xxx

Sharon said...

Absolutely stunning Sarita. Your choice of shades is fantastic. I adore your stampling. Such a classy and classic card.
Sharon xx

Kim Piggott said...

Such a beautiful card Sarita!
Love your wonderful stamping on your card and your design and detail just stunning!
hugs
kim x

Pascale said...

Gorgeous as ever! I love the subtle lilac and the strong blue, hugs Pascale

Chris said...

So, so beautiful and elegant Sarita! I love how you did the swirl under the butterfly, looks like the butterfly trail and the scalloped edge and stamping at the bottom are wonderful. You are now to blame for my purchase of two sets of Laura Ashley background stamps yesterday LOL!!!! I'm looking forward to trying them out. Hope you're having a great weekend. Hugs, Chris x

Mina said...

This is so elegant...simple but perfect in every way xxx

Steph said...

Fantastic colour combination- again the blue you've chosen is gorgeous. Especially love the little butterfly x

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Great card and love the stamping and your butterfly just finishes it perfectly. Hope you have enjoyed your busy weekend:)

Judy x

PatR said...

Great card Sarita I love your uncluttered style, just gorgeous

Pat xx

alcoholinky said...

lovely card Sarita. those Magenta flourish stamps are gorgeous.

gina g said...

Beautiful card Sarita love the butterfly. luv gina xx

Faye said...

Beautiful, Sarita. I really love all those gorgeous swirls.

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

Your card is so beautiful Sarita, I love the butterfly and that blue card is stunning.

Have a good week,

Hugs,

Jo x