Sunday, 22 March 2009

The card that was made by accident

This card was not planned at all...I'll explain what I mean....


I was messing around with some stipple brushes and a couple of ink pads taken completely at random, and started stippling on to some cheap copy paper.....then I grabbed a flourish stamp and stamped it in red just a few times onto my messy paper....I was not giving any thought to what I was doing really at all.

I took a break and came back, and looked at my paper.....I hadn't really realised it but I had created a background.

I added a "Love" word stamp....you'll never guess where I bought this stamp....wait for it....TESCO'S!!! Never let it be said I pass up on an opportunity to add to my craft stash lol.

What you see is the actual copy paper as it evolved, I did not try to duplicate it...you can tell the stamping isn't perfect...but I do like the randomness of it, so I will definitely use this technique again!

  • Stamps: Magenta Flourish and B Line Design "Ornate Wings"
  • Ink: Colourbox Queue
  • Sentiment: Anna Griffin
  • Flowers : Prima

19 comments:

Riet said...

wowww Sarita,what a beautiful card,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

Sue said...

lol that made me laugh well ya best make another one by accident, its beautiful hun, sue.x

Pascale said...

Stunning creation Sarita, I love Tescos We have a whole isle with crafty goodies! Hugs Pascale

Tara said...

Now don't be starting me on more techniques, lol! This is amazing and I think the fact that it's so random is what makes it work! I've seen some nice crafting goodies at our Tesco superstore too, whatever next?!
I'm about to email you about the stamp you mentioned ;o)
xx

sukes7 said...

what a brilliant 'accident' sometimes the most beautiful pieces of art are created by just relaxing and enjoying playing. Gorgeous project luv sue x

Ruth said...

I really love the way you use the swirl stamps...I think I'll have to get some! Ruth x

Karen said...

Had you not explained how this card came about, I would never have guessed it! I think the background looks great!! It has the randomness that is hard to intentionally achieve....fun! :>

Jackie said...

What a happy accident, this is probably how some of the most expensive DPs were designed! Love the end product :o)
Jackie xx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh my goodness Sarita this is just so beautiful!
How brilliant when you create something without even trying. This just looks sensational!
hugs
kim x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

This is beautiful, such an elegant card, just love the colours! Sometimes you have to step back and take a break, the result of this was stunning hun, love Heidi xx

Tab said...

Well what a truly fabulous accident! Just beautiful and I love the colour combo!
Hugs Tab xxx

Georgia said...

This is fab! such a gorgeous background and I love the stamp!
I love the red and blue together.
Love, Georgia xx

Steph said...

Why oh why are you so fabulous??! Not fair. Even your accidents look amazing!!!! :0)

Anneke said...

beautiful card with lovely colors

torico said...

By accident?Wow!It's so pleasant accident.I love this beautiful card!

Biscuitlid said...

Sarita
it's amazing - at first glance i thought it was a patterned paper shop bought. I like how an accident can make something fab. Thumbs up for getting a brgain stamp at Tesco!

Victoria
x

Christine said...

Great piece of work accident or not
love the colours, brill. must start shopping at Tescos. LOL

Christine xx

Bev said...

Absolutely fantastic!! x

Chris said...

LOL, love your accidental background Sarita, the colours are so pretty and the card you made with it is very striking and elegant too. Hugs, Chris x