Thursday, 19 February 2009

A masterpiece of engineering...

Now normally I'm not that keen on spiders but when you see something like this you can't help marvel at their web building capabilities.....this photo was taken a couple of months ago when we had the really hard frosts.....maybe you saw the same scene where you live....but I thought I would share this with you as I still look at it with complete awe...these frosty webs extended the full length of our fence......it really was an amazing sight..

I'm not sure if it proves how marvelous spiders really are...or that we just have a very cobwebby fence that needs a good clean lol but I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as me.


On to my card....now I was really pleased with the layout of this card....but not too happy with the colours...too insipid I think. I will probably give the same layout another go but with completely different colours.

Well I have got some serious blog hopping to do as I didn't catch up with everyone last week....just ran out of time before going back to work....I know I should feel very lucky to have a job in the current economic climate....but a little more spare time wouldn't go amiss......definitely a case of be careful of what you wish for methinks....

Hope to catch up with you this weekend....

19 comments:

Beth said...

Oh I love the colours, I think they're really elegant! And I agree, gorgeous layout!
I love spider webs (if they're outside!) I watched one being built over my window once - it's amazing and they do it so fast! Thanks for sharing! xx

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Sarita, I wouldn't complain about the colours, very elegent IMO. At least you have the weekend to look forward to!
Clairex

Tab said...

Sarita your card is stunning! I adore the colours that you have used, they go beautifully together. I truly love how you have used the sentiment as the main focus, just fabby!
Hugs Tab xxx

Ps the spiders web is beautiful, they amaze me!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Sarita another gorgeous card hunny. I love the layout it is gorgeous but i disagree about the colours. i think they are just perfect hunny!!!!

oh spiders are so clever aren't they, reminds me of charlottes webb! hope you have a good day at work hunny.

Any news on those downloads yet hun?

Hugs Linda x

Mandi said...

Not insipd...pale andinteresting LOL I LOVE the card, its gorjuss. Im always amazed at cobwebs too, they are incredible
mandi xx

Steph said...

Just beautiful, Sarita. You're right to be pleased with the layout, it's fab and I adore the colours, especially the polka dot ribbon!

Riet said...

wow Sarita,what a beautiful card.

have a nice weekens.
hugs Riet.xx

Chrissie said...

This card is nothing less than stunning! I love the softness of the colours and the composition is just lovely. I'm full of admiration!
I agree with you about the spiders.
Chrissie

Kim Piggott said...

Don't touch an itty bitty thing about your card it is so beautiful!
I LOVE those colours and your design is so beautiful!
Such an exquisite card!
hugs
kim x

Georgia said...

Wow - that spider web actually looks quite pretty covered in frost! Your card is absolutely superb! So pretty, and I love the ribbon!
Love, Georgia xx

Ruth said...

This is really stunning, the colours are classy! Ruth x

gina g said...

wow the card is gorgeous Sarita, and the spiders webb looks lovely until you walk into one lol. luv gina xx

Donna said...

Sarita, you have the most beautiful cards on your blog and I have really enjoyed browsing through them. Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog :) Donna x

cats whiskers said...

What is there not to like on this fantastic and awesome card, you are just one talented crafter hun, you just leave this card alone and make loads more like it
Hugs Jacqui x

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Stunning card..beautiful layout and the muted colours are beautiful too. Fab phtoo of the web! Hope those spiders survived the frost!!!
Judy x

Marcea said...

I adore your card and love the soft colours - so stylish :o)
Amazing web ...... they really are incredible!
-x-

Kirsten said...

That web is amazing, it must have taken ages to build. I LOVE this card! I think the colours are so gorgeous, not insipid at all.

Bev said...

Definitely NOT insipid!! It's utterly exquisite Sarita - I adore themuted colours and fabulous design. Truly stunning as all your cards are!!

iReneM said...

Oh my word!!
I think this is utterly gorgeous.
x