Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Loss of the mojo....

Why is it that during the week when I'm rushed off my feet at work I have all these ideas for card making but don't have any time to write my thoughts down let alone make a card, but when the weekend comes and I have time to craft, I sit in my craft room with a completely blank look on my face and haven't a clue what to do....

Well I have devised a bit of a strategy......I make very simple cards to get me going again. And here are two I made as a result.....



So far it seems to be working.....once I get my stamps out and start to play, new ideas come to me and I'm off again!
Apologies for the lighting in the photos, doing my best to improve my photo taking skills, but hopefully you can see them OK.
The image on the top card is by Inkadinkadoo, and the background stamp is Melissa Frances.
The image on the bottom card is by circa designs and the background stamp is by Debbi Moore.
If you have any strategies for the loss of the mojo I would love to hear about them!

16 comments:

Olenka said...

I wish I had the recipe to get back the scrapping mojo but I have lost mine as well lol. I think maybe get some rest a huge pot of coffee and just play around.. maybe it will work, maybe not but if you keep on whipping out those beautiful *simple cards then it really wont matter now will it? 80) Beautiful cards!!

Sue said...

Both gorgeous cards Sarita they look very classy, im the same when i have time i waste lots just sat sittin!! sue.x

Eve said...

Both are beautiful !!
Kiss
Eve ;)

Mandi said...

oh they are fabulous hun
Know that blank stare well lol xx

Sharon said...

These are elegant and classy cards Sarita. Oh - I so know that 'where's my mojo gone' feeling. I'm suffering from it at the moment. Thanks for sharing your strategy - I'll give it a try too. It's certainly working well for you; I love these two cards.
Sharon xx

Nicky said...

Wow I wished I made cards like that when I had lost my mojo they are beautiful

Kim Dellow said...

Oh how stunning, really elegant. Kim

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Well Sarita, i wish i could make such stunning cards when i lose my mojo hunny!! these are both just gorgeous, and im loving the images you've used. Looking forward to seeing many more beautiful creations as your mojo returns!!!! big hugs Linda x

Georgia said...

Lovely cards! I like the black and white effects and the trees are so pretty!
xxx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Your cards are as lovely as always. My mojo regularly goes on holiday, you hav to retrace your steps, which is exactly what you have done, with super results! Take care, Heidi xxx

Chrissie said...

Fabulous! I love them both.
Chrissie

Julie said...

These are very elegant, lovely cards. Making something I've made before is a good way to get the juices going as I never really make two cards exactly the same.

E.T said...

Both your cards look amazing! I love the idea of shaded trees... and that too in blue!

Kirsten said...

Hi Sarita, these are beautiful - and very classy. Can't give you any tips I'm afraid, it happens to me all the time & I just struggle on! :)

Dawn said...

I love making simple cards too there is something so clean and elegant about them and these are just so clean cut and beautiful. Great stamping too.
Sometimes i sit and stare at my desk from my sofa!!! and still can't be bothered to get going then the next time I'm itching to make something, it's never sonstant for me either!

Dawn
x

Steph said...

Ha ha! You make me laugh when you say you've lost your mojo- these are just so elegant! I love the colour combo you used and the stamps are just so stylish x