Sunday, 8 February 2009

Colour Create Challenge # 2

Well, it's that time of the week again, and the wonderful Tara has come up with another great colour scheme for the Colour Create Challenge for this week-peaches and aqua. The optional twist is DIY flowers-ie no shop bought flowers. And here is my card for this week:


Now unbeknown to Tara when I saw our assignment I was a bit nervous......OK a lot nervous.....OK I was panicking a smidge....for two reasons.....1. I have never put just these two colours on a card before and had no idea what it would look like, and 2. I have never made a flower before (shameful I know for a seasoned card maker like me to admit lol).

However, in addition, I knew I did not have any designer papers that would fit this colour scheme..... so I thought OK I'll create my own background....simple....just get out an aqua and peach ink pad......but after searching for ages, I could find nothing in peach........panic started to set in again...

Just as I was about to give up, there, lurking in the back of a cupboard, unopened, was a cat's eye ink pad in......wait for it....PEACH!! I couldn't have been happier had I won the lottery....oh all right maybe a bit......but I did let out a little shriek of joy!!

And so this card was born....and do you know I think it's the easiest and quickest card I've ever made....a little bit of stamping....cut out the petals...add a little bit of ribbon-job done!!

I used one of those build a bloom stamp sets....unfortunately I bought it ages ago, never used it but removed the wrapper so I'm not sure who makes it but I know there are several versions on the market...

The background peach stamp is my ever faithful Melissa Frances and the swirl is a new stamp I bought from Collage Press...I only got it this week and absolutely love it.

Well, I really hope you are able to join in this week, it will be fantastic to see what your take on it is....and do check out the blog and rest of the DT cards for some ideas and wonderful inspiration.

33 comments:

Tab said...

Scrummy card Sarita! I adore your work, and I just think those swirly stamps you use are just delish! Fabby DIY flower too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Mandi said...

Peach is my least fav colour but your card may have changed all that! Its FAB mandi xx

Georgia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cats whiskers said...

Oh Dear this is absolutely stunnin just adore everything about it, fabulous swirls and great flower, I must admit my heart sank and I thought I mght not be able to enter this week but wull have a big search to see what i can come up with.
Hugs Jacqui x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Sarita, wow this is just beautiful, those colours work so well don't they, very fresh, have a great weekend! Heidi xxx

Sharon said...

When I saw your card Sarita my jaw hit the floor! STUNNING work. I am totally lost for words - this is so beautiful, sensational, awesome, delish.....
Sharon xx

Sharon said...

Wow, this is stunning. It's simplicity makes it so elegant - just beautiful.

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who panicked !! You have made such a gorgeous card, I love the stamps you have used and that flower is amazing.

Hugs,

Jo x

Rica said...

WOW - this is amazing - so beautifully elegant. Love the flowers and the background stamping - ig fact I love everything about it.
hugs Heather xx

Chrissie said...

This is really super. Understated and very classy. I love it!
Chrissie

Sue said...

A stunning card sarita, so elegant. luv it, sue.x

mar1ene said...

Wonderful card, love it to bits!
Hugs, Marlene x

Steph said...

Beautiful, Sarita. I know what you mean about the colours being unusual but they just work so well together. I love how you've stamped your own background and the flower is gorgeous x

Helen said...

Stunning! Love the flower - it's gorgeous!
Helen x

Pascale said...

Another elegant and stunning creation Sarita. I love your style it is unique. Pascale

Tara said...

I loved reading your story Sarita, even if I did stress you out a bit....oops! I'm so pleased you were able to use your build a flower for the first time. I think these challenges will cause us to do that quite a bit!
Your card is amazing, simple and striking and the colours work so well. Yest again you've left lots of white background which I love!
xxx

Samantha Wright said...

This card is gorgeous. Well done!!!

Alison said...

Such an elegant card, love it.

Chris said...

Stunning card Sarita! Love the stamps you used and the elegance of your layout. The flower is fabulous and so beautiful as the focal point of your card. Chris x

iReneM said...

What a delicious card! Your flower is stunning.
x
PS I've left an award for you over on my blog
x

Michelle said...

Just found your blog and have been blown away by your cards, they're stunning. Love the peach card, are the swirls embossed?
x Michelle

Susie Sugar said...

Another masterpieces Sarita , this card is totally gorgeous
And the flower is beautiful I love the stamps ,
Love Susie xx

E.T said...

WOW! This is beauuuuuuuutiful! I absolutely love love love it!

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

ha ha ha!! I was panicking all week too :)) I have never used those colours but like you found stuff lurking around!! Your card is stunning...love all the stamping background and your flower is gorgoues. DFbaulous work !!
Judy x

Eve said...

Your card is so lovely !
Kiss
Eve ;)

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Sarita what can i say? another simply stunning card. I just adore your work hunny, just gorgeous! hugs Linda x

Donna said...

Fantastic card Sarita and a gorgeous flower too :) Donna x

Kirsten said...

It is GORGEOUS!!! And well done for making the card, I've never made one either. :( I think I should have a go...... :)

Marcea said...

Wow, this is really beautiful, I think there is something very special about it. I can imagine you dancing around for joy when you found your ink pad ... little things make us crafters happy - of course it was a huge deal at the time, lol.
Don't know if I am brave enough for this colour combo .... even though it is gorgeous
-x-

Georgia said...

This is amazing! Really eye-catching -it must have taken ages! It's so lovely!
Love, Georgia xx

Bev said...

Oh this is utterly exquisite Sarita, I love the swirls, and the flower and .. oh heck I just love the whole card!

hugs Bev x

Faye said...

What a gorgeous design, Sarita. I love the flower and the beautiful flourishes behind it. And I love your clever writing.

Tracey said...

Stunning card Sarita! Glad you found that ink pad lol. Isn't it sometimes the way that the quickest cards can be the best :o)

Hugs
Tracey

x