Saturday, 17 January 2009

You shouldn't encourage me..

Now I thought you might all come out in sympathy with hubby (my last post refers), me abandoning him in favour of crafting....but oh no, judging by your comments you are all as bad as me lol.

Well I didn't get out of it so easily today, hubby got me painting the ceiling and the walls of the new craft room and now I ache from head to foot....I think I got sussed out lol.

So as an excuse to recover I made this card for the Arty Girlz challenge # 68 "Button It".

Here's a list of materials I used:

Melissa Frances (the navy background damask stamp)

Flourishes Llc (the pale blue floral stamp)

Sentiments by Anna Griffin and Stampin Up

Martha Stewart Punch

Basic Grey Buttons

Well, I'm off to crash out....at least I'll sleep well tonight....

11 comments:

Sharon said...

Your inking is fabulous on this card. I love the punch and your colour combo.
Sharon xx

Chris said...

A fantastic card Sarita! The design is stunning as are the colours and wonderful ribbon treatment, it's perfection. I had a chuckle about your craft decorating, you're paying the price today with the aches and pains LOL! Hope to see some pics when it's all finished. Have a great weekend. Chris x

cats whiskers said...

Oh Sarita you just get better and better, love your work on this card and such a brilliant colour combo dear.
Hugs Jacqui x

Vicky said...

I adore this card Sarita. Love the vintage feel and colours! I can sympathise with the aching, as I ache also! But mine is related to an exercise class and not due to DIY!! :-)
Hugs, Vicky x

Tara said...

Well you kept to your promise Sarita, to make more of your own papers, I'm so impressed and will be having a go myself very soon! This card is beautiful and I love the colour tones! I'm glad your hubby roped you in with a bit of decorating, couldn't have him doing it all now could we, hee hee?!
Just to let you know my daughter has just started her own blog, http://kittypawprint.blogspot.com/ so if you ever get a moment to take a peek at her cards I know she would be over the moon. Thanks so much! xx

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Oh dear Sarita, caught red handed then!! well he certainly did get his own back on you hunny. YOu need a nice long soak in a hot bath! I love the card you've made its so loveley. I really must use my background stamps more, i say it every time i visit your wonderful blog, but still they sit in the same tray uninked!!! maybe ill get round to it this week! ? ! hugs Lindax

Julie said...

WOW Your card is FABULOUS I love it!!

Thanks for joining in with our button challenge over on Arty Girlz

Julie xx

crissi said...

Gorgeous creation Sarita,
Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

E.T said...

i've visited your page after such a looooong time. This is a beautiful card! Love it!

Georgia said...

This is SO nice! It looks really professional! :-)

Love,

Georgia xxxx

Bev said...

Fabulous! I love the sheer elegance and simplicity - a truly amazing card Sarita

hugs Bev x